TCL shows off 32-inch 4K@240Hz LCD, 75-inch 8K@265Hz Mini LED TV

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Gamers today no longer have to choose between a monitor with a high refresh rate or a 4K resolution, thanks to the several 4K@144Hz options on the market. Now, TCL has demoed a display for those who want something even faster: a 32-inch 4K gaming display with a 240Hz refresh rate. Not good enough? How about a 75-inch 8K Mini LED TV with a 265Hz refresh rate.

The amazing displays were among several shown off at the TCL CSOT Huaxing Global Display Ecological Conference held in Shenzhen yesterday, reports ITHome. The 32-inch 4K@240Hz monitor, which would be the first of its kind to hit the market, offers a 1ms response time and TCL's own algorithm for image compression. It also has a sharp 800R curvature.

No word on when the monitor will arrive, but we'll likely be waiting until graphics cards with DisplayPort 2.0 (UHBR 20) that offer up to 80 Gbps of raw bandwidth become popular.

It should be pointed out that TCL doesn't produce its own monitors, so this technology could appear in partner OEMs' products first.

TCL also revealed a 75-inch 8K television featuring a 265Hz refresh rate and Mini LED-based backlighting that uses an a-Si 4Mask 1G1D panel. As noted by Tom's Hardware, there are currently no display interfaces that could support the approximately 205 Gbit/s of bandwidth required for such a resolution/refresh rate combo, so don't expect to see this sort of screen technology anytime soon.

Other items at the event included the world's first 125-inch transparent glass-based display, a 49-inch R800 5000+ Zones MLED display module, a 14-inch inkjet print OLED scroll screen, and an 8K 65-inch OLED TV based on a printed OLED co-developed by JOLED.

Permalink to story.

Great. Next move for me will be 240 Hz at 4K/UHD. Up from 1440p/240Hz. In a few years, and by then I will be using something a good deal faster than my 3080 Ti anyway.

Not dropping down to 120 or 144 Hz again thats for sure.

We need DP 2.0 capaple GPUs and Monitors in 2022.

I enjoy the fact that TCL tends to have decently priced TVs, but they run like crap, at least the ones from 4-5 years ago. I don't know what kind of crap processor they run in their TVs, but they can't keep up with most channels that run on them.

The TCL 50" TV I have is about 5 years old and it struggles to run Netflix, Plex, Discovery+, Disney+, Amazon Prime and the list goes on. Plug in one of the Roku Streaming devices and it runs circles around what my TV can do. I have a Roku Streaming device that's just as old as the TV and it is astonishing how much faster the streaming device is.

Many times the TV will hang when trying to open a channel or automatically restart if closed captions are active because I have the volume low so I don't wake other people in the house late at night. I swear they're repurposing 12 year old Atom processors

I enjoy the fact that TCL tends to have decently priced TVs, but they run like crap, at least the ones from 4-5 years ago. I don't know what kind of crap processor they run in their TVs, but they can't keep up with most channels that run on them.

The TCL 50" TV I have is about 5 years old and it struggles to run Netflix, Plex, Discovery+, Disney+, Amazon Prime and the list goes on. Plug in one of the Roku Streaming devices and it runs circles around what my TV can do. I have a Roku Streaming device that's just as old as the TV and it is astonishing how much faster the streaming device is.

Many times the TV will hang when trying to open a channel or automatically restart if closed captions are active because I have the volume low so I don't wake other people in the house late at night. I swear they're repurposing 12 year old Atom processors

Indeed! I bought my mother one a few years ago and it is SLUGGISH as hell.

More over the top concepts coming from ch!na. Imagine paying for a product tens if not hundreds of dollars years before anything can even run at that resolution bandwidth to only become absolete with better more affordable successors. Luckily I am satisfied with my cx 48 incher I bought last summer should be great for years to come.

I like it but 8k content is not available right now and the near future.I mean online content like Youtube, Dailymotion, Netflix, and other websites and offline content like videogames played from USB, HDD,SSD is not available.
if this 8k display is backward compatible with 4k,2k,1080,1080p,720 then it would be great.
it would have an added benefit of 1ms response time and as the title says 240 fps.
but wouldn't it require processors which are more powerful than intel 12th generation processors and the latest AMD processors and graphics cards more powerful than nividias 3090 and 3080.
and AMD gtx 6800, 6900.

Back