TechSpot Blog: Disable Windows automatic check for solutions after a program crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, 9 out of 10 times microsoft gives me a solution. ... .not with firefox...but no wonder ..and that keeps crashing always anyways. ... seems the best solution would be to remove firefox...that is remove the cause...not the symptoms like windows problem solving.

..in the case with Internet explorer stopped working .. or for that mather firefox crashes .. its usually a plugin that is the culprit. A lot of times ive found actually Adobe Flash is to blame.
...but otherwise some plugin.

still say, remove the problem...not the symptom .. or the feature that lets you knowe about the problem.....
.if you see a problem, isnt it better to try and solve it, than like this article does...tell people how to close their eyes to stop seeing the mess.

JudaZ said:
..in the case with Internet explorer stopped working .. or for that mather firefox crashes .. its usually a plugin that is the culprit. A lot of times ive found actually Adobe Flash is to blame.
...but otherwise some plugin.

still say, remove the problem...not the symptom .. or the feature that lets you knowe about the problem.....
.if you see a problem, isnt it better to try and solve it, than like this article does...tell people how to close their eyes to stop seeing the mess.

I think so JudaZ, but the 'solution' window will pop up for other things than just browser crashes, in my case, it has never provided a useful fix for anything. i shut it off because I don't need it to tell me that something crashed....and then provide zero useful information.

Me neither, I mean... it does give me the "you should get the up-to-date program" which I have, so I don't really get the usefulness.

The most funny thing of it all, is when I installed microsoft sql 2005 server, told me to update which I did, and later on the screen would pop again and again.

I came across a programme by accident which scanned my computer and showed up one of my firefox add ons (dictionary/spell checker) as a possible risk of crashes. After removing it i've yet to have another crash with firefox. Don't want to remove firefox, much prefer it.

I have heard that as well Blue, not only with FF but with Opera's version as well, dont know the answer but hopefully someone at TS can get you the answer to that.

I'll try and find it later. It was on my desktop which i'm having terrible problems with at the moment. Doing a reinstall at the moment hope i've saved the programmes correctly!!!

holyshit, this is good :D no more nag by that. and hey, why don't Microsoft remove it? are they really still working to resolve those things, honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back