TechSpot Store: Gifts for Father's Day

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

Father’s day is coming and we have a number of great gifts for Dad over at the TechSpot Store. All include free shipping and are guaranteed for delivery before Father’s Day if ordered by June 5th.

Veho Retro Leather Bluetooth Speaker

techspot store father gift guide

If your Dad is a music lover, this retro-style speaker is a perfect gift. Not only does it sound great, it features a leather strap and brushed aluminum to give it a distinct retro feel.

Blumoo Universal Remote

Blumoo gives you universal control of all your home entertainment devices, right from your smartphone. It’s simple to set-up, so even the least tech-savvy dad could appreciate this gift.

‘Code Black’ HD-Camera Drone

Give your dad the gift of flight with this sleek, matte-black drone with HD camera. It’s fun and easy to fly, and you can even get the optional “crash pack” to ensure it remains in tact after the inevitable crash.

Innori 22,400mAh Portable Battery Pack

The perfect gift for the gadget-obsessed Dad. This powerful portable battery pack will charge up to 3 USB-devices at once, ensuring your Dad’s favorite tech toys stay charged all day long.

Be sure to check out our other Father's Day gifts at the TechSpot Store, and don't forget a card!

Permalink to story.

You guys are trying really hard to push the techspot store. Advertisements are one thing, but its rather offensive that you're trying to squeeze even more money out of the loyal user base you've accumulated over the years

Sorry but not trying to squeeze anything. Promoting yes, and if we can hopefully show something of interest during the week that fits your interests even better.

Sorry but not trying to squeeze anything. Promoting yes, and if we can hopefully show something of interest during the week that fits your interests even better.
As a business man I see this as a way of increasing revenue, but the biggest problem I have with it is that they're being posted almost as articles. I come here for news, not to buy things. I even disabled Ad Block on techspot so I've already gone out of my way to try to help your website. If you want a TechSpot store, put it off to the side, don't post it with news. Posting "promotions" feels really forced and in my face whenever they're posted with the rest of the news. It's not news, it's marketing. I'm okay with marketing, I just feel techspot is just doing it wrong. For those of use who come here to get our news, let us get our news. For people who may be interested in buying something, put a section off to the right above the features with a few featured products.

Right now it feels really forced and it's no longer something I can simply ignore when coming here. It feels like you're turning your community into a product, and I'm not okay with that.

@yRaz I appreciate the input and elaborate feedback. You are right, it is a business decision and another venue for us to generate revenue. That doesn't mean everyone will like it, I'm aware of the potential ramifications. That's why deals posts go through editorial scrutiny. We don't just post anything our store partner throws at us without first giving the content some careful consideration because of our readers. Here's some of that process (on-going and future changes):
  • We reject deals we don't deem as good deals.
  • We clearly label deals posts as such.
  • We try to measure (by actual sales) what deals are more interesting to you so we can remain as relevant as possible.
  • We limit homepage promotion to 2 or 3 posts per week. That's out of ~80 news posts and longer features published in the same period.
  • We try to time deals so they are followed by more news stories within the same hour. In this way deals don't take away from actual news at the top of the homepage.
  • We are in the process of increasing daily news output by hiring new writers. And of course, we need the resources to make that happen and it will happen.
  • We already have mockups of a homepage revamp that will particularly affect the news stream. It's early in the process yet, but with increased news output, the idea will be to bring the most relevant stories up front. As a collateral, deals post will become more diluted.

Back