Terminator 2 movie (almost) entirely recreated in GTA V

midian182

Staff member

Let’s face it - there are a number of reasons why Grand Theft Auto V is one of the best-selling video games of all time. Not only does it offer a fantastic solo campaign, great characters, stunning graphics, mods, and a multiplayer that is earning millions for publisher Take-Two Interactive, GTA V also lets players create, manipulate, and record footage to produce some brilliant videos.

A few years ago, people were amazed by the accurate recreation of the truck chase scene from Terminator 2. Now, some talented individuals have gone one step further and recreated a shortened version (just over an hour) of the entire movie within the game. Some sections are missing, but the most iconic moments remain.

The clip comes from Kramer’s Media. As they’re Russian, the video is in their native language. But the music, grunts, and sound effects still line up well, and, having seen it so many times, pretty much everyone knows what’s going on in T2 without requiring dialogue. You can often hear the lines being played under the Russian dub, anyway.

As you can no doubt tell, the video was created using a series of Terminator 2 character and vehicle mods. If you feel like downloading and using some of the assets, which includes Arnie’s Harley Davidson Fatboy, head over to this site.

For those who just want to see how well the truck chase has been recreated this time, jump to around the 15:45 mark. It's very cool.

Permalink to story.

Could you imagine the movie when it came out if it actually had those graphics it would have been box office bomb not box office hit... Don't get me wrong I applaud the person who made this it must have been very time consuming indeed so good on them for sticking with it

Not released in english because of copyright laws and because the author of the video is russian.

Thought it was great (the bits I've skipped too anyway)

This was an amazing attempt.

Side note: IMO Terminator 2 was thee pinnacle of what a movie can be. 26 years later and STILL is absolute killer in effects, editing, and concept. I don't think there has been another movie so time enduring as this one.
You need to watch more movies

I don't think you understood the question. I asked "how do you know this?". I did not ask you "what makes you think this?". Notice my phrasing... "I don't think there has been another movie so time enduring as this one".... It was an opinion statement was yours attempted to make a factual claim. Do you need me to rephrase the question for you or do wish to argue about an opinion?
Trying your damndest to walk back a dopey statement...watch more movies

I stand behind my opinion. Don't like it? Too bad. Cry all you want, won't change how I feel. Millennials nowadays, geesh, I will never understand your type of mindset of "if you don't think like me, you are 100% wrong".
I ain't crying. I'm laughing at your statement "I don't think there has been another movie so time enduring as this one."
I never wrote that you should think like me...I wrote you need to watch more movies if you think "...there has been another movie so time enduring as this one.". As for being a millennial? I'm 64. Can't tell that from my picture, eh? I aged well. Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk. Don't break your keyboard cause I wasted nuff time on you....gotta do something important, like take a crap

Back