The Best Gaming Laptops 2019

Actually there are multiple "ultrabook" style laptops with a GTX 1050 that are much cheaper then the surface, limiting the category to 13 inch makes no sense to me as the issue of bulk gaming laptops is more the weight and thickness then the size in width and depth.

ASUS Zenbook Pro 14 UX480FD (14 inch, Aluminium build very fancy looking, GTX1050 Max Q, i7-8565U 1.6KG 1300 euro)
MSI PS42 8RC-051 Modern (14 inch, Aluminium fancy build, GTX1050 Max Q, i7-8550U, 1.19KG, 1400 euro)

Also very portable lower specced gaming capable machines that have not been mentioned
Lenovo 330s-15IKB (15.6, thin bezel, 19.4mm plastic build but nice looking, GTX1050, i5-8250U, 1.9kg sub 800Euro)
Thinkpad X1 Extreme (15.6, thin bezel, 18.7mm, Super quality build, GTX1050 Ti, i5-8300H, 1.7KG 1700+ euro depending on specs)
The entire range of XPS 15 laptops?

I personally hate the gaming look most gaming laptops have and even the GS65 is not stealthy enough for me, there should in my option be a category named: Gaming laptops for people who hate gaming laptops

The 1050 range is more then enough for the casual gamer, I guess they are not called gaming laptops but multimedia laptops, but the market of grown up gaming machines is big enough that it should deserve some focus.

My advice for anyone buying a gaming laptop is to do research, know what is you want to do with it n how much you are willing to pay.
To many people walk into a store, dont do simple research and end up buying something that is overpriced or simply is just crap.

Pay attention to the video card that is being used. You can ALWAYS check to see what any computers specs are. So many think they are getting a 1060 6gb model not realizing its the max q variant. While still better than a 1050, its not as good as the standard variant. Which is why some 1060 6gb model computers are cheaper than other models. Example, Dell G7 uses a 1060 6gb max q variant but the Asus ROG 501g and the MSI gs65 Stealth both use the standard 1060 6gb. The pricing, Dell G7 around $1000-$1200 depending on model and the Asus 501g around $1500 and MSI g65 Stealth around $1600. Remember sales do happen so the prices will change.

New models are always on the horizon and some are already out.

I understand that you guys have a hate on for the "extreme laptop" genre, but I don't think that means you should be cheaping out on the recommendations...

Yes, it's a niche product that few people will (or should) purchase... but if you're going to have the category, at least give us the best laptop in it...

The Dell/Alienware Area 51m is clearly the best "extreme laptop" right now (or at the least, it's much better than the Asus given here)... With the ability to upgrade components later on, it hearkens back to the old XPS gaming laptops that Dell used to make back in the early 2000s (I still have my 1730 connected to a projector at my wife's school for movies).

Yes, it costs more than any computer has any right to (you can spec them from about $3,000 to over $6,000), but this is the EXTREME LAPTOP category - they should be ridiculous!

Oh... and it's also almost a kilogram lighter than the Asus...

AFFORDABILITY has nothing to do with "Being the BEST".

The "BEST" is the Alienware M51 which not only offers an i9 with a 2080Ti, but can be upgraded - which is something the other competitors can't do.

At $4500 fully loaded, it's definitely not easily "affordable", but it's still the best you can get right now.

AFFORDABILITY has nothing to do with "Being the BEST".

The "BEST" is the Alienware M51 which not only offers an i9 with a 2080Ti, but can be upgraded - which is something the other competitors can't do.

At $4500 fully loaded, it's definitely not easily "affordable", but it's still the best you can get right now.
Agreed (hence my previous post).... on the Canadian site, the "fully loaded" laptop (not including the support or taxes) is $6,399... but you get 2x 1TB NVMe M.2 SSDs as well as a 1TB (+8GB SSHD) Hybrid HD... and 64GB of RAM...

I understand it's a bit crazy.... but if I had a spare $7,000, I'd be buying one :)

Edit: one thing that boggles my mind is that there is no option to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro... I mean, once you're spending that much money, what's another $50 or so?!? I'm assuming if you called Dell directly, they could include it for you... of course, most users would probably be reformatting their laptop anyways, and could just purchase a separate copy of Windows on their own...

I still think the Asus GL702V is one of the best deals I have ever found for a laptop. 1080p 75 Hz Gsync screen with a 1070 8GB (which is runs everything on Ultra easy), 12 GB of DDR4 ram and an i7 7700 HQ for 1200. Now thats still a hell of a deal and I have had this laptop a little over a year now.

Last edited:
MAXQ - just no. "Need powerful gamer laptop!" ... "but will throw away 20% performance so its a couple pounds lighter." ... okay...

Don't know whether I am more amused or saddened by advices like these. Best portable gaming laptop is MSI GS65? Really? I ordered a Clevo-based laptop which is just a tiny bit thicker BUT it has no cheap creaky plastic which is MSI known for on all of their models and it comes with 2070 GPU, the real one and not Max-q. All for around $1800. I could also do the same with TongFang-based laptop for around same price, from sellers like Eluktronics and others.

There's absolutely 0 reason why anyone should be overpaying for brand name like Asus or MSI if you have local resellers which sell fully customizable Clevo or TongFang chassis, which have similar or BETTER build quality for lower price.

I still think the Asus GL702V is one of the best deals I have ever found for a laptop. 1080p 75 Hz Gsync screen with a 1070 8GB (which is runs everything on Ultra easy), 12 GB of DDR4 ram and an i7 7700 HQ for 1200. Now thats still a hell of a deal and I have had this laptop a little over a year now.

Yup have the same one... was cheap even when the 1070 was new.

Last edited:
Don't know whether I am more amused or saddened by advices like these. Best portable gaming laptop is MSI GS65? Really? I ordered a Clevo-based laptop which is just a tiny bit thicker BUT it has no cheap creaky plastic which is MSI known for on all of their models and it comes with 2070 GPU, the real one and not Max-q. All for around $1800. I could also do the same with TongFang-based laptop for around same price, from sellers like Eluktronics and others.

There's absolutely 0 reason why anyone should be overpaying for brand name like Asus or MSI if you have local resellers which sell fully customizable Clevo or TongFang chassis, which have similar or BETTER build quality for lower price.

Yeah, and having to deal with awful buggy Clevo software, awful fan noise and awful customer support. No thanks.

And just before you come and say "oh no, I did this and that and never had a problem", just don´t, because I know what I´m talking about.

Yeah, and having to deal with awful buggy Clevo software, awful fan noise and awful customer support. No thanks.

And just before you come and say "oh no, I did this and that and never had a problem", just don´t, because I know what I´m talking about.
Clevo is generally just the shell - numerous companies sell laptops based on their chassis - so tech support varies depending on your reseller.... "buggy Clevo software" can easily be averted by reformatting and installing your own, assuming you even have Clevo software installed in the first place... as for fan noise, depending on the build, and which fans you actually have installed (Clevo builds are HIGHLY customizable), there is no reason they should be any louder than any other laptop.

I still think the phrase "gaming laptop" is an oxymoron. :p
True till ivy bridge and parallel Graphics solution of same generation, having used quite a few, and now have 2 Predator one with 1060 6GB and other with 1050Ti, and a Lenovo Legion too, and a ryzen 2500u, so I can safely say at least these machines are very capable, and can game without throttling pumping out decent performance as close to their spec on paper.

Hey everyone !
I have read this article that is supper and I have also read all the comments which are above I was looking the best and superb Gaming laptop I have tried to find from forums and stores and suddenly I found this one, this lap is supper and OMG specs. I am sharing the detail below and at the end you ll find the link also.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming PC Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz IPS Type, Intel Core i7-8750H CPU, GeForce GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD, Military-Grade Metal Chassis, Win 10 Home - GX531GS-AH76
15.6” Full HD 144Hz IPS Type Display | 3ms response time with slim 6.5mm Bezel
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 *(with Max Q technology) | Base: 1101MHz, Boost: 1265MHz, TDP: 90W
8Th generation Intel Core i7 8750H (up to 3.9GHz) processor
0.62” thin, 4.6 lbs | ultraportable military grade magnesium alloy body gaming laptop with premium cover CNC milled from Solid aluminum
16GB 2666Hz DDR4 | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Windows 10 Home
Rog active Aerodynamic System (AAs) | Upgraded 12V fans and anti dust tunnels to preserve cooling performance and system stability
Customizable 4 zone ASUS Aura RGB Gaming Keyboard
https://amzn.to/2oZESQN
Thanks for reading and kindly give the response.

Newe
Hey everyone !
I have read this article that is supper and I have also read all the comments which are above I was looking the best and superb Gaming laptop I have tried to find from forums and stores and suddenly I found this one, this lap is supper and OMG specs. I am sharing the detail below and at the end you ll find the link also.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus S Ultra Slim Gaming PC Laptop, 15.6” 144Hz IPS Type, Intel Core i7-8750H CPU, GeForce GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe SSD, Military-Grade Metal Chassis, Win 10 Home - GX531GS-AH76
15.6” Full HD 144Hz IPS Type Display | 3ms response time with slim 6.5mm Bezel
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 *(with Max Q technology) | Base: 1101MHz, Boost: 1265MHz, TDP: 90W
8Th generation Intel Core i7 8750H (up to 3.9GHz) processor
0.62” thin, 4.6 lbs | ultraportable military grade magnesium alloy body gaming laptop with premium cover CNC milled from Solid aluminum
16GB 2666Hz DDR4 | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Windows 10 Home
Rog active Aerodynamic System (AAs) | Upgraded 12V fans and anti dust tunnels to preserve cooling performance and system stability
Customizable 4 zone ASUS Aura RGB Gaming Keyboard
https://amzn.to/2oZESQN
Thanks for reading and kindly give the response.
Newer config better than this :
But if you are not going to move a lot I would suggest avoiding "thin" laptops as they tend to throttle a lot under sustain load.
Better sustained performance with this :

Back