The Best PC Speakers

I recently got my hands on a set of Corsair sp 2500's for less than those Bose companions and they sound fantastic. The sub is massive for a pc sub and sounds really clear and deep and the satellites sound very crisp with good range, also the wired control unit works very well.

We researched the Corsairs, and we're glad they've worked for you. Thanks for your feedback, so other readers can have more context.

As with other Best Of recommendations, this is the stuff we'd buy/recommend/use or have already bought for ourselves, which doesn't mean there are no alternatives and other good products in a similar range. But, if you want a simple buying guide, drawing a line, and narrowing it down to a few great speaker systems (or CPUs, routers or monitors), this is it.

Used to own the Cyber Acoustics CA-3602. only sold em cause I didnt use them anymore, had them for 3-4 years and they sounded GREAT for the price. bass control is nice to have. A pain in the butt cable- management wise though.

Couldn't agree more on the MM-1s. The sound coming from those small boxes are amazing. If you put them behind a curtain and gave me a blind test, I would never even guess that they where small computer speakers.

I couple of speakers that are a good alternative if you listen to more house and EDM, you should also test Bose Companion 20. Amazing low end, and the remote is amazing.

Ive been through a few PC speakers over the years. Harmon Sticks, Logitech Z-680, Logitech Z-5500, Creative T20 Series II and finally ended up with Creative T6 Series II.

By far my last setup with the Creative T6 is the best ones I´ve had. Very nice and clear and very good punch in the subwoofer. Its suppose to be a wirless system, but nothing is wireless except that you can add a bluetooth source to the volume jogger that has a bluetooth reciever =) Anyways, I´m very happy with these speakers.

The best PC speakers have the cones covered so ya can't see them. I have the Bose companions and they are good at an acceptable price

Logitech Z623 is also a good option, especially for music and movies. The klipsch set in the article are about the same but cost $40 more on average. I know klipsch is usually recognized as a more premium brand, but I don't think their product is much better in the under $200 price range. Good article techspot.

Funny - I'll read articles like these, think I'm missing out on great sound, buy them and realize that what I have has always been better. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1.

The last thing I had was the Creative T4W, which is their top-of-the-line speakers and didn't sound half as good as the Klipsch speakers. Plus they crapped out after six months.

No more experimenting. It's Klipsch for me until I can actually see and hear something better.

For another set of budget speakers, you could try Genius. I have the Genius SP-HF1800A (current price $57) for a few years, mostly for PC gaming but also good for music. Separate bass and treble controls. Separate 4" bass and midrange drivers. However you have to roll the dice with them on quality - there are lots of reports of them failing.

I recently got my hands on a set of Corsair sp 2500's for less than those Bose companions and they sound fantastic. The sub is massive for a pc sub and sounds really clear and deep and the satellites sound very crisp with good range, also the wired control unit works very well.

I've been using a set of Corsair SP2500's for a few years and just love them. I was surprised they are not on this list. Not only is the sound quality exceptional, but they they can deliver house shaking bass and volume levels that are painful without distortion if you want to push them. They sound great when you want to enjoy some rich, mellow acoustic music and when you're gaming and want rocket blasts to rattle your windows or listening to anything in between.

Had my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s since 2004 and no other 2.1 system has come close. they are beasts and top notch speakers!

I'm still using some ugly beige Yamaha speakers I bought 17 years ago, they sound awesome and the big chunky linear power supply still works fine.

I've been using a set of Corsair SP2500's for a few years and just love them. I was surprised they are not on this list. Not only is the sound quality exceptional, but they they can deliver house shaking bass and volume levels that are painful without distortion if you want to push them. They sound great when you want to enjoy some rich, mellow acoustic music and when you're gaming and want rocket blasts to rattle your windows or listening to anything in between.
They certainly are versatile that's for sure. Corsair really did a great job with these speakers.

Would you please go into why you chose the mm-1 over the a5? I own both and dont consider the mm-1 to be in the same ballpark. the things the a5+ offer are far beyond that of the mm-1. b&w wont even fully divulge their specs as audioengine does with their a5+. the mm-1 offers less than half the power, less range, and limited connections.

as far as weight is concerned, the mm-1s are around 2 pounds per speaker vs the a5+'s weighing 10lbs without amp and 15 pounds with the amp.

the mm-1 is similar to the bose offerings. they have fancy branding and stickers but lack power and substance.

The best PC speakers aren't necessarily made for PCs. You can use any speaker you wish. In my case I use 2 Rotel Amps to run my 7.1.4 setup paired with B&W speakers. You could use whatever. Say a Yamaha with 2 nice bookshelf speakers. The sky's the limit. I dont understand why people have to by PC speakers, and when any speaker and amp combo will work.

The best PC speakers aren't necessarily made for PCs. You can use any speaker you wish. In my case I use 2 Rotel Amps to run my 7.1.4 setup paired with B&W speakers. You could use whatever. Say a Yamaha with 2 nice bookshelf speakers. The sky's the limit. I dont understand why people have to by PC speakers, and when any speaker and amp combo will work.

This is meant for desktop speakers in a near field environment, not all speakers will fit that requirement. You can argue some small high end bookshelf speakers might fit- space wise, but most of those don't sound their best sitting on a desk or being only a couple of feet from the listening position. I have a pair of Audessey LES media speakers that sound just fantastic when I'm at my desk, but listening from several feet away, they're just average.

"resembling a pair of rhino horns", um more like resembling a yachts spinnaker... thus why it's called Edifier Spinnaker!

Back