The Best Phones for Every Budget

A phone with that ugly big notch, which brake the screen view, named "best for most people"" is a strange choice for people with common sense.
It is understandable but pitiful for an Apple fanboy.
Most important thing for a smartphone is the screen, which I am looking at all the time.
Shoving a big notch in my eye all the time is the apex of Apple incompetence skewed and twisted by Apple fanboys as being a "feature".
Wake up dudes and rise above the mediocre style of writing articles just because you are a fanboy of any kind.

Last edited:
A different review of the TCL 20S claims it has an IP52 rating but the main camera is meh. It's stupid putting 4 cameras on a budget phone when they should be trying to get one or two good ones working.

Most important thing for a smartphone is the screen, which I am looking at all the time.

Sorry... the most important thing for ANY phone should be the actual ability to make and receive phonecalls.

I want a mic that works so that people can hear me, speakers that I can hear when my phone "rings", and calls that don't drop...

After that, I want the battery to last all day, and the CPU to be fast enough to run everything the phone has to offer without any lag...

Got both Nord N200 5G and Galaxy A32 5G for free , Metro PCS / Boost Mobile , but Metro PCS $25 unlimited plan is what I went with , and in my area map is ultra 5G , 40 to 50 MBs !

Samsung Galaxy A52 and A52S should definitely be mentioned here as an (better) alternative to Xiaomi Note and Pixel 5a.

Last edited:
At $400, the One Plus 8 deserves a mention I think. Got it for $300 on black friday with a free pair of Z buds. The 8t was $450 as well but I didn't feel the upgrades were worth the extra money. Camera sucks apparently but everything else is pretty high end especially at this price point.

Last edited:
Sorry... the most important thing for ANY phone should be the actual ability to make and receive phonecalls.

I want a mic that works so that people can hear me, speakers that I can hear when my phone "rings", and calls that don't drop...

After that, I want the battery to last all day, and the CPU to be fast enough to run everything the phone has to offer without any lag...
What you say is about a Phone, like simple phone not a SmartPhone. For what you are looking for, first place we can buy is a Nokia 3310. My arguments are valid for a Smartphone, as the article arguments are skewed and weak, so that's why I pointed out that this article is mediocre and biased. And I can improve my statement including your observation saying that "One of the most important thing for a smartphone is the screen" instead of "the most important".
Hope that redaction will correct and improve their articles as well.

What you say is about a Phone, like simple phone not a SmartPhone. For what you are looking for, first place we can buy is a Nokia 3310. My arguments are valid for a Smartphone, as the article arguments are skewed and weak, so that's why I pointed out that this article is mediocre and biased. And I can improve my statement including your observation saying that "One of the most important thing for a smartphone is the screen" instead of "the most important".
Hope that redaction will correct and improve their articles as well.
Your smartphone‘s primary function is still “phone”... hence the word “phone” in the name... hence, the most important thing is that it be a good phone.

Your smartphone‘s primary function is still “phone”... hence the word “phone” in the name... hence, the most important thing is that it be a good phone.
That Apple phone with a big ugly notch instead of the actual screen is not a best smartphone recommendation, rather a third place. Whoever likes it can buy it, just that will have to pay a lot of money for that innovative "feature", that's why I call to common sense.

That Apple phone with a big ugly notch instead of the actual screen is not a best smartphone recommendation, rather a third place. Whoever likes it can buy it, just that will have to pay a lot of money for that innovative "feature", that's why I call to common sense.
Did I say the iPhone should be the best?

I simply said that I think the most important feature of a smartphone should be the ability to use it as a PHONE.

How is a $699 phone "best for most people"? More like "best for most people who live in rich countries AND have been brainwashed by consumerist propaganda".

It was the same as last year - the only thing top phones give most people is superior photos/videos . Still average phones do well enough - given most photos are snapshots .
It will be the same thing year

Apple has reached a point that virtually any of their phones are "perfect" phones and they have been at that point since the XS/ XS Max.

The iPhone 11, iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 vary only mildly by battery life and 5G capability, but for the average user who just needs a smartphone for calls, phone book, photo taking, videocalls, web browsing and basic apps, any of the iPhones will do.

They all take 4K video, all take photos with large file sizes that Social Media will cut down anyway and they all have passable battery life.

Now that iPhone 13 has 1TB storage, the iPhone is "almost" PERFECT.

My problem is that they need to reinstate TOUCH ID and they should have done so back in the iPhone 13.

Touch ID was ALWAYS better than FACEID - especially in a world where we have face coverings.

I've purchased Android phones for both my mother and my girlfriend and I've used Android phones some of my family members who get the newest models have shown me.

I appreciate thee Android phone market if you need a gift for a relative or child and don't want to spend a lot of money. They definitely offer a huge value and usability benefit.

However, when it comes to overall build quality, app quality, webpage/app compatibility and ecosystem I prefer apple.

I keep my new iPhones in excellent condition and then gift them to my parents as hand me downs (hand me ups?) annually. My mom has my XS MAX 512GB and my father has my iPhone 12 Pro Max 512GB. They are retired and use them solely as phones, play simple games, use the web browser and take pics. They rarely make videos as long as I typically do so they don't run into battery issues or connectivity issues.

But... those are exactly the same people I described.
forgot the /s some take this quite seriously

One things come to mind, when talking of "majority" or "most people" - picture the average people in your local supermarket - and half of them are dumber than that.

That's why when I see majority, I read herd. Not meaning to offend, I'm one of those boring persons hat has Iphone and an Android phone for work purposes, my data is mined by both.

#Edit: Can we please have "best camera phone for every budget"? That's all I care about nowadays, when most phones have ok battery, ok signal, ok CPU/GPU and AMOLED screens.

I'm typing this from my Samsung galaxy S20 FE phone and was surprised it was not in the lists some where. It's got good performance faster than most of the off brand ones mentioned here. Decent screen great cameras has water resistant rating. Will get Android 12 and most likely 13 as well. Not listed but tested to support HDR+ and has a 120Hz screen.

Reviews I seen say it's better than the S20 plain Jane version and rivals a S21 in some ways. So for me at least going for off brand or a Samsung A series is a rather redundant idea.

Back