The dog did it!

Circuit

Samsung Laptop in it's neoprene carry case was pulled off the table by a dog and landed flat. Now all I get is BIOS. Tried to boot using bootable thumb drive, no good. Acts the same if I pull the ram, or the HD or Both, straight to BIOS. I also reseated the CPU, still nothing. Anyone got any ideas besides doorstop?

Yeah I though of that and swapped it out. It doesn't even list the HD in the BIOS. I was thinking the MB was cracked but I can see a crack. I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.

You maybe right. you may need to take it somewhere and have them run a test on the board. It also may be the hard drive connecter on the motherboard is broke.

You maybe right. you may need to take it somewhere and have them run a test on the board. It also may be the hard drive connecter on the motherboard is broke.

I agree. An impact like that could cause a port to damage. Check every port on the motherboard itself. You may also find it useful to use a magnifying glass of sorts because the tiniest crack could cause a problem. Use a sharpie(a color that will allow a tiny mark to stick out) if you spot something to mark that spot so you can keep looking over the motherboard. Also check any pins that are contained within the connectors.

<sigh> I didn't wanna have to go there, but I guess there is no other choice. Thanx for the input

I agree. An impact like that could cause a port to damage. Check every port on the motherboard itself. You may also find it useful to use a magnifying glass of sorts because the tiniest crack could cause a problem. Use a sharpie(a color that will allow a tiny mark to stick out) if you spot something to mark that spot so you can keep looking over the motherboard. Also check any pins that are contained within the connectors.

Definitly bro

Back