The Insta360 Go 3 is ready to do battle with the GoPros of the world

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: Insta360 has announced a tiny new action camera that is as portable as it is potent. The Insta360 GO 3 is a two-part design comprised of the camera module itself and a magnetic docking pod of sorts. The camera component is smaller than the average human thumb and weighs a mere 35 grams, or about 1.2 ounces.

The Action Pod, meanwhile, features a flippable 2.2-inch touchscreen to control the camera remotely via Bluetooth and doubles as a battery pack to extend shooting time.

The camera module carries an IPX8 rating while the Pod is IPX4 water resistant. Other amenities include a replaceable lens guard for added damage protection and software features like FlowState Stabilization and 360 Horizon Lock to improve captured footage. Another handy feature called Timed Capture allows you to schedule recordings ahead of time. For example, you could set the unit up to capture a timelapse of a sunrise without having to wake up early.

With FreeFrame mode, users can modify the aspect ratio of their footage after shooting for added versatility. AI-powered editing can help curate your best clips without having to manually comb through all of your recorded video.

The bundle additionally comes with a set of magnetic accessories including a pendant that can be worn around your neck, a clip for hats, and a pivot stand with a reusable sticky mount that also has a 1/4-inch mounting point for tripods.

Performance-wise, the new Insta360 GO 3 can shoot up to 2.7K footage for up to 45 minutes using its integrated 310 mAh battery (factoring in the charging pod pushes total record time up to 170 minutes). The camera also packs dual microphones and the option for voice-based, hands-free operation.

The Insta360 GO 3 is available from today in three storage options: 32 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB, priced at $379.99, $399.99, and $429.99, respectively. Pricing is roughly on par with other major players in the action camera market like GoPro and DJI. You can pick one up directly from Insta360 or one of several resellers including Amazon.

Permalink to story.

I am waiting on the X4 to incorporate GPS (or GoPro to finally update the Max) so I can stop using both the X3 and Max to capture my motorcycle racing adventures.

I got some really nice shots from ziptying a Go 2 on top of my micro drones, but overheating in equatorial weather was a really big issue, and oh my god, the Insta360 Studio app that you are required to use to stabilise the footage and export it as ProRes is bloody awful and enough to make me boycott any of their future cameras. I hope GoPro comes up with a new Session soon.

Back