The Sims 2 Nightlife: I'm having trouble with downloading Custom Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being told that my previous problem with DirectX 9.0c couldn't be fixed on my other computer, I finally gave in and installed The Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Nightlife on my main computer.

With this installation comes more problems for your friendly neighborhood newbie!

Before even owning The Sims 2, I had installed and been playing The Sims Castaway Stories.
I know it says on every website that custom content meant for The Sims 2 won't work, I went ahead and downloaded the custom content to The Sims Castaway Stories. [Which, I'm pleased to say, that a good third of the content works just fine in the game, especially the ones that you download mesh for.]

Now having The Sims 2 and Nightlife, I wanted to download custom content actually made for these specific games. So, I scurried off to TSR [The Sims Resource] in hopes of being able to install cool new stuff for my games.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, every time I click on the Sims2Pack files to install them into my game, only The Sims Castaway Stories Body Shop Package Installer would open, meaning that everything I installed was being installed to The Sims Castaway Stories, and NOT The Sims 2/Nightlife.

When opening the files to install them, I tried to select The Sims 2 Package Installer manually, but for whatever reason, it would go straight back to The Sims Castaway Stories Body Shop Package Installer. Every single time.

The Sims 2 Package Installer wouldn't even show up on the list!

I'm so frustrated right now...
Can someone please PLEASE help me, in simple terms, to solve this problem I'm having?

Thank-you so much!
-Carly

-->[P.S. And yes, I do have Custom Content Enabled.]<--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back