The Sims 4 coming to the PC next year, will feature an offline single-player mode

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Electronic Arts just announced that The Sims 4 will be heading to the PC and Mac sometime next year. Details are still scarce at this hour but one thing we do know for sure: the title will offer an offline single-player experience.

A post on EA’s blog noted that the franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. This devotion helps to ignite the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio and has helped the franchise sell more than 150 million copies worldwide. A website for The Sims 4 has already been created although as of writing, it simply links back to the main Sims page.

maxis sims the sims 4

The company plans to reveal more information about the sequel later today. What’s more, EA is preparing an event for fan sites during the third week of August where we will be given a much closer look at the game.

Fans of the Sims franchise that went through the recent SimCity debacle are likely jumping for joy at the news of an offline single-player mode while developer Maxis is certainly hoping to save some face. The latter appears to be the sole reason for today’s announcement as not much else is being revealed at this time.

That of course doesn’t mean that the entire game will be offline. Players are encouraged to personalize their worlds and share them effortlessly with friends and fans. No word yet on just exactly how content will be shared, however.

Permalink to story.

These folks need to do some homework. MAXIS as a company no longer exists, nor does the studio. It is all EA Games now; I believe MAXIS sold out about half-way through the run of the Sims 2 expansion packs if memory serves me right.

Lol, I almost started to ask if this was already released xD

get confused with simcity. I look forward to this at least. kinda wish I hadn't picked up the sims 3 a few days ago. can't stop playing :/

This is gonna be another SimCity. EA products have never been good.

007, nfl street, nba street, ssx, battlefield, def jam vendetta, burnout, deadspace, dragonage, crysis, most of the nba games, most of the ncaa football series, and many of the need for speed games were good. you just don't want them to be good >_>

It's quite obvious that the main series of the sims has been good also.

The sims went to trash after the Sims 2, they lack that feel from the original series. Its now a list to do game rather that a do crazy stuff while you live game.

Back