This Galaxy Note 8 concept video shows gorgeous, cutting edge design

midian182

Staff member

After months of speculation the Galaxy S8 is finally here and proving very popular. As such, attention has now turned to the flagship smartphones arriving later this year, including Samsung’s next big release: the Galaxy Note 8.

After the saga that was the Note 7, some observers suggested that the PR damage may lead Samsung to kill off the brand. But in January, the company’s mobile unit chief DJ Koh revealed there would be a successor to the explosive handset.

Knowing that a Note 8 is on the way has led to a number of concept renderings of the smartphone, the latest of which may lead S8 and S8+ owners to wish they’d held on to their cash.

Graphic designer Mushin M. Belaal Auckburaully joined forces with YouTube channel DBS Designing to show what the next Note phone could look like, based on rumors about the handset and expanding on the design features seen in the S8/S8+.

The video suggests the Note 8 will have a flatter screen than the S8, feature a dual camera setup (something the S8 was rumored to have, but didn’t), and include a fingerprint scanner in a central position under the camera instead of next to it – though it’ll be a surprise if it isn’t built into the screen on the final version.

The concept handset’s specs, which come from earlier rumors, include a 6.4-inch QHD+ display, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, an iris scanner, 13MP dual front camera, 16MP dual rear camera, and a 4,000 mAh battery that Samsung will doubtlessly have tested extensively. Strangely, the Samsung logo that was missing from the S8 returns to the front of the display.

The final version could differ from this concept, but the video’s already received a load of positive feedback from fans - something Samsung may have taken note of.

Permalink to story.

I don't by any "concept" videos, sites, notes what not. Unless it has the manufacturers name stamped on it
why bother?
Also...won't matter what Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG come up with. If it has "flagship" associated with it, its
1. OVER priced
2. Over speed
These flagships have become way to expensive, for 99% of the people that use smartphones. When the build cost for these things is less than $350 per unit, but, they command upwards of $900 per unit retail, consumers are being taken to the cleaners. But, if consumers are foolish enough to shell out that amount of money, no skin off my teeth! I'm not stupid enough to fall for it. When consumers say THAT'S IT, and start looking for alternatives (like I did), perhaps real innovation will come around, and the prices will come down, like they have in pretty much EVERY consumer electronics device. PC's, Laptops, DVD, flat screen tv's have improved over time, and the prices have come down, but smartphones have had minimal improvements over the past few years, but have continued to increase in price.

Telephone or 'phone WITH AN APOSTROPHE to be correct, and a telephone it is not according to the article, it is a camera, a clumsy, difficult to hold camera with minimal functions.
The item ceased to be a 'phone when a camera was installed, after which all items produced at a later date included a camera.
On my desk sits a personal computer with a 55 cm, easy to read without squinting, monitor. beside the monitor there is a rent-free, land-line 'phone with which I can call anywhere in Australia at no cost, this includes all calls to a portable item which has a 'phone/camera/computer built into the unit.
There is a multi-function compact camera on the desk and a small mobile 'phone, a mobile TELEPHONE which I take with me when I leave home, basically for emergencies which may arise.
All this leads up to items such as the Samsung S8 which should have the titles, Mobile 'Phones removed and re-named Mobile Desktops, and as indicted above, I do not want or need an additional, obscenely expensive mobile desktop with the outrageous cost of 'phone calls.

Cutting edge design? It's just a piece of glass with some bezels like every other phone. There is no space left for design.

Let's see some of the interesting features this phone will have.
- A little bit faster CPU than the last version
- A little bit bigger screen
- Maybe a bit bigger resolution
- A little bit better camera

So to sum it up it's gonna be a little bit better, nothing noticable ofcourse, than the last version as was S7 as was S6 as was S5 as was S4...

The trouble with so many people including many of you lot is that you just think from year to year of course this stuff just evolves, gets a bit more powerful, a couple of better features, better camera etc what do you actually expect?

I only update my phone every few years my current phone is a Note 2...therefore .getting a Note 8 if this info is in any way correct is going to be light years ahead of what I've got now and a worthy upgrade.

If you are silly enough to upgrade EVERY year then you are mugging yourself just to have the latest toy....more fool you

The trouble with so many people including many of you lot is that you just think from year to year of course this stuff just evolves, gets a bit more powerful, a couple of better features, better camera etc what do you actually expect?

I only update my phone every few years my current phone is a Note 2...therefore .getting a Note 8 if this info is in any way correct is going to be light years ahead of what I've got now and a worthy upgrade.

If you are silly enough to upgrade EVERY year then you are mugging yourself just to have the latest toy....more fool you

My phone is the Microsoft Lumia 640 which is/was my 1st smartphone which I've had and use daily for nearly 3 years now. I may not be able to download Snapchat or the Youtube app (I can still download youtube clients/clones) but I can download Facebook, Kik, Instagram, Messenger, Skype, and few others as well as a good number of games such as Candy Crush (all of the versions made by King), Minion Rush, Temple Run 2, and a few others which I'm completely fine with {mainly because I can easily just install/download apps/games like Snapchat and/or Super Mario Run, on my iPod Touch 5th generation which I do.)

I could possibly (I say "possibly" because my Lumia 640 is being used as a no-contract GoPhone on AT&T and I'm not sure how GoPhone upgrades work exactly...) upgrade my phone to maybe the Microsoft Lumia 950 or even the iPhone SE or something else. BUT that being said I don't have a credit card nor do I have the money to upgrade my phone even if I wanted to, which I'm fine with what I have it works just fine and like I mentioned before I may not be able to get the apps/games that many people who have say a new generation of Samsung or Apple iPhone can on my phone but I can get those said apps/games on my iPod Touch, now I know I have a slightly older generation of the iPod Touch family which is now stuck on iOS 9.3.5 but until the apps/games are updated to only support iOS 10+ (which before I got my 5th generation I had a 2nd generation ipod touch that was stuck at iOS 4.2.1, which was when iOS 5+ was just getting released and I wasn't able to get a single app not even the official new (at the time) Youtube app, the one where you download from the App Store today not the OLDER version which came pre-installed on iDevices before iOS 4.3 arrived which wasn't able to download on my 2nd gen. ipod touch cuz it was no longer supported which is mostly likely why people buy the newest version/generation of a device wether it be from Apple, Samsung, etc. so they (they being the device) don't get behind which does happen not because the company that made the device makes us buy the latest version of the device but because the technology becomes obsolete on itself due to the fact that technology in general is always advancing itself the only problem with that is, as consumers we can't keep up just like our obsolete/older version of devices.

Last edited:
Isn't that the point of the Note? It's a Phablet and lots of people like them.

Well when it comes to phones bigger is better these days BUT that being said there comes a point where size does matter and that being said the Samsung Note phones or "phablets" in this case crosses the line of being TOO big of a phone. Cuz let's face it if you see someone using the note for a phone call it looks a lot like the person is putting a freakin tablet (and I don't mean a phablet) up to their ear. Which looks ridiculous if you ask me! Fortunately tho, that being said, I haven't seen very many people using a Samsung note ever since Apple released their iPhone 6 Plus which (in my opinion) is better despite the iPhone 7/7+ no longer has a head phone jack which I absolutely hate. But THATS MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION! @Sally13

Back