Ti4200 messes up desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

I am all up and running great. sorted out the memory issue that prevented me using my A7n8xDel gd and my Ti4200 at 8x.

Anyway why quite often when returning from screensaver or monitor turned off( 20mins setting) nothing else ever off. does the desktop stop about an inch from the left hand side.
To get it back I have to go to settings, change to another size then say no and the correct size comes back.

I have latest Nvidia 41.09 and iiyama vision master pro454 with correct driver.

Any Ideas.

Please reply,
I have installed the latest video driver, yet on resume from sleep the screen has about 1 inch of black down the left hand side and to remove I have to change the screen size in settings and then let it go back to the correct setting.
Its a pain
Thanks

that problem is often caused by changes in the refresh rate. check what your refresh rate is now and then next time it happens check and see if the refresh rate changed. is this the standard windows screensaver or a custom one?

Well I have dropped the refresh rate from 100 to 85
What is a good one.
I think TV is only about 25 so am I just being stupid with higher rates?

no higher refresh rates are easier ont he eyes. however you need to find out what resolution/refresh rates your monitor supports. if it did not support the resolution and refresh rate you had set that may have been the cause of your problem.

If you get RivaTuner you can set your system to run at the max for your vid card and monitor all the time at all resolutions. The newer detonator drivers like to keep reverting to 60hz. If you set your monitor up at 85 Hz and run a game then you may wind up coming back to the desktop at 60 hz or whatever refresh the game was running in. Each different refresh rate needs a different screen adjustment.

I've also had this problem. and I have a radeon 9100. i dont think its related to the video card or its drivers since i know a lot of people who have the problem. ive emailed iiyama about it and they never respond. id call, but they dont have any support in the US. please let me know if you've resolved the issue. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back