Tiger Woods 11 - Fans call you "Lamo"?

mmarshall

Anyone out there have Tiger Woods 11 (not sure if it matters that its on PS3). I've been playing through all the courses developing my character named "Marshall".

When I'm playing...the spectators cheer you on and call out your name and when the call my name....I hear "Lamo"... Prononounced "Lamb + o", not Laimo.

Is this normal or is it that the game doesnt know how to pronounce Marshall? Either way, I supppose I could live with it as it's kind of an obscure connection to the great movie Caddy-Shack where Carl Spackler (Bill Murry) recalls his experience meeting the Dalai Lama:

"A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

I know it's a stretch...but we use to call eachother "Lama" in college so I find can find some humor in this silly "Lamo" call out. Sorry for the digression!!!

Marshall

I think I would have spelled it "lammo" as in ammo (ammunition). Sorry, I don't have the game so that's all the comment I can muster.

Mystery solved. I was playing the game and in the background, I could see the score board say something along the lines of "Go Blamo".

Just wonder why it wouldnt call out your registered name, OR if there are s series of names that they randomly give newly created players.

They might have been able to put your name on the scoreboard but I don't see how they could say the name out loud if that's what you were asking. How would the game say names that are not pronounceable like random letters and numbers? Anyway, they didn't do it so what can one do?

Back