Torn between some smartphones

Hey all,

I currently have an iphone 4s and I am looking to upgrade to a new phone. The s4 and one screens are too big for my taste, so I was thinking about an s4 mini, xperia sp or xperia zr.

I mostly use my phone for surfing and watching movies during the commute. Also the occasional casual game, nothing too fancy.

I read in some reviews that the battery life of the s4 mini, especially for those 2 tasks is very good, but I find the phone to be a tad bit too expensive for the hardware it contains (around 390 euros).

The xperia sp on the other hand offers better hardware for a much lower price (319 euros), but I am finding statements about the battery life to be very conflicting. Anyone got some experience with this phone?

The xperia zr then, it looks very nice, but I am afraid the covers for the usb port and 3,5mm jack are not very solid and will be broken in a month or 2.

Anyone got some advice?

The S4 mini has beaten down specs. If you are not a spec freak, then go for it. Have you thought of the iPhone 5? Or maybe the iPhone 5S coming out next month.

Well, I have used iphones for 4 years now, I would rather get something else for a change. And the prices of the iphone are just not worth it anymore imo.

Well, with iOS 7 on the corner, you may think otherwise. But nonetheless, I would go to the carrier store and try each of the contenders. It is personal preference. I would recommend the Xperia ZR since it is waterproof, more durable, and has a newer/better camera, OS, and CPU.

Back