Toshiba 2400 Laptop won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin has a Toshiba 2400 laptop. It does not turn on.

Two green leds light up when the laptop is charging. When I try to turn it on (without the charger) only one LED turns on.

There is no response from the LCD screen. I've tried an external monitor as well. There's nothing there either, which *probably* means there's nothing wrong with the laptop LCD screen. The DVD drive light flashes for just a second. The HDD light stays off. There is no customary beep from the system while booting up (Do laptops also beep?).

I'm rather new to the whole laptop thing. My cousin's moved on to a newer laptop and I can use this if I can get it working :p

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like some form of internal hardware failure. Sadly, most laptops are pretty impossible for the average user to repair when it comes to the internal hardware because everything is either fully integrated or soldered to the motherboard.

I have a Toshiba laptop with the same problem. What do you mean as internal hardware problem? A bad solder connection or a broken wire some where?
RPC

I mean, a physical internal component has failed or is failing. That could mean a broken wire or loose solder some where, sure, though, I was suggesting more along the lines of an actual device having failed.

Oh, I'm willing to hunt for bad connections or broken wires, but a device failing. That might be a little out of my league.
Thanks for the info!
RPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back