Toshiba laptop cannot boot, repair or use advanced options

I attempted to update the print drivers for my HP printer on my Toshiba laptop running 32bit vista. After i restarted I was unable to boot into windows(recieved a black screen) I tried F8 for advanced boot options and tried(safe mode, safe mode with networking, last known config, debugging, safe mode with cp, and all of these options failed with the first basic drivers loading loaded: \windows\system32config\system after these load the system hangs. I also tried startup repair option on the advanced options screen and recieve status message status: 0xc00000e9 Info: an unexpected I/O error has occured. I tried the toshiba recovery disk and recieve a boot\bcd error unable to read harddrive. I do not have an windows vista DVD or CD. any ideas? I think this is a bad driver but i cannot find a way to roll it back. I also tried the option to allow windows to boot with unsigned drivers. I am confident this is not a hardware issue.
NOTE PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME TO USE A VISTA RECOVERY DISK, I AM TRYING TO BE SLIGHTLY MORE TECHNICAL AND POSSIBLY EDIT THE BCD MANUALLY

Back