Toshiba laptop won't power up

Hi i have a toshiba equium that overheated today, it suddenly turned off and i picked it up and it was very hot around heatsink butwas mainly hot in the middle of the laptop where the ram is, any way so i dicedid to take it apart and give the fan and that a clean, and also re paste heatsink, but id ran out of paste so i just cleaned it out . Then turned it back on and it worked for around 2 mins then powered down again i felt the laptop and it was stone cold so i powered it back up and it turned on but with no display (have also tryed pluging a monitor in) now when i turn it on al it does is flicker the power light on then go stright back off

Any help at all please guys im despo

thank you

i also never removed heatsink only cleaned the fans and side of heatsink, it also powered up 2day but i cut power straight away incase it would cause damage to run it

plz guys i really need soom help here

If you sure that you didn't break anything when removing and cleaning the fan, and put everything back properly, then there is only one possible explanation I could think of. The first overheating had damaged temp sensor in your motherboard. Making it gives false signal (or no signal at all).

I suggest to visit nearby toshiba service center to see if they could replace the temp sensor (I doubt it) or the motherboard. Or you can look around for local geek who could replace the temp sensor for you (if replacement is available).

Back