Toshiba P300-13m running hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyasashi

Hello,

My Toshiba P300-13M is running hot, and I want to clean it but I am not really good in disassembling (too scared I'll break stuff). But I heard some people put a vacuum cleaner on the side to clean out the fan.

But I also read you can open the notebook by taking screws out and using canned air to clean the heatsink and the fans.

Does anybody have this notebook and who can tell me how to do this step-by-step... because the guides I read were for other Toshiba notebooks (similar one's though).

Thanks!

you can try using the compressed air to clean out the vents with the laptop as it is. a little bit of dust buildup isn't going to make your computer run significantly hotter... unless it's affecting how fast the fan is spinning under load. i wouldn't attempt to disassemble the computer if you're not confident you can put it back together without breaking anything. a lot of laptops need to come apart a certain way or components can be damaged. aside from that, most modern laptop computers run warm to start with... and most are build to handle the heat.

Has it suddenly turned running hot ? or did that happen after a hardware change ? I mean have you changed the HD or any other part ?

Miyasashi, there is no need to take it apart. It's just something you should do often.
Just take compressed air and blow through all the vents to release all the dust. Not too much pressure though, if you don't have access to compressed air, use an air can. My laptop (also Toshiba but different model-but this has nothing to do with who makes it) would shut down from running hot, only after 1 month of having it. So I constantly clean it out with air, and also use a chill mat to keep cool air running through it, and it makes a big difference. Don't start disassembling because if you go that route, you 'll be doing it all the time. It's a never-ending battle, you have to keep cleaning it out, access through the vents is sufficient.:)

Thanks for the replies, well the side is very hot especially when playing games.

I can try the canned air on the sides but I am afraid the dust has cooked in too much for canned air to handle =/

I can try the canned air on the sides but I am afraid the dust has cooked in too much for canned air to handle

In that case try to find a friend with an air compressor and blow it out with that. It's going to take a bit of work to open the laptop to access the inside so I would recommend the air compressor first, and definitely a chill mat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back