Toshiba Satellite A-200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

My Satallite A-200-1HU will not start... The DC-IN symbol flashes contstantly when i put the power cable in....

Can anybody tell me what is likely to be wrong?? - I have read somewhere that something may be fried??

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Rhys (rhiw2001@hotmail.co.uk)

Ultiweap

It may be a problem with the battery which may be wrongly place or fried as you say. Remove it and check it.

How do i check if the battery is ok??

It was flashing before ... then i unplugged my laptop and restarted it and worked off the battery! Got a new power cable as i thought that was the problem but it wont start or do anything now!!

Thanks

Rhys

strategic

With that laptop, you can remove the battery and run it from the power supply alone.
I've seen/dealt with this problem before and your DC jack has come loose
from the motherboard-a connection or 2 may have disconnected from plugging/unplugging the power supply. Be very careful because 1 wrong move with the jack can fry your computer.

Hey

That at least sounds positive... I have just handed over my laptop to my friend who works in PC World and he suggested the same...

Thanks for your reply i will let him know!

Thanks

Rhys :)

Hi

My mate has returned the laptop and he says that the guys in work think the motherboard is fried!! ?? AHhh..

Not sure what to do now!! Do i open it up and have a look or claim?

Your advice would be appriciated

Rhys

Status
Not open for further replies.