Toshiba Satellite A105 won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I researched and couldn't find anything close. I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S101 laptop. 1 and 1/2 year old. Intel Celeron M380 1.6 ghz. 512 mb DDR 2 533 SDRam. Video ATI Radeon Xpress 200M with shared video 128mb. 60 gig HD. cd-DVD writer. Realtek ALC 861 sound card. Windows XP Home. Wireless G card. (we run it on wireless)
Has been running fine. While on Yahoo screen went fuzzy then computer died. Computer has AC light and battery charge light. When booting it will get num lock light, HD light, CD tries to test, F10 and F11 light and fan runs. It will try to start for 8 seconds and turn off. It will do this 6 times then shuts down altogether. Nothing on screen at any time. No beep codes. Can't get into BIOS.
Tried normal stuff like removing RAM and inserting 1 at a time in different slots (2-256mb modules) Removed battery for just AC power. Tried just battery. Tried starting without battery, RAM, HDD, DVD module, modem and NIC card. have no spare parts to swap out. The HD is SATA so I can't check it in another computer.
I can't afford to take it in so any help and ideas would help. It's my wifes computer and all she does is use email and play euchre. I know I can check the MB barebones but, is the video card seperate or part of MB. I REALLY don't want to strip it down more unless I have to.

"I can't afford to take it in so any help and ideas would help"...

Can you afford to be without your laptop? Try attaching an external monitor to the laptop. You will have to select the external monitor by using a Fn key and another key usually with a little TV icon on it. If the external displays normally, your LCD/backlight assembly is bad. If the external monitor doesn't work, the laptops motherboard might be bad. Laptops/notebooks (as a general rule) do not have separate video cards. If the on-chip video is bad, the motherboard is bad.

Here's some interesting reading...enjoy!
http://www.laptoprepair101.com/

did you have any luck fixing this problem. i have a toshiba satellite a105-s1014 with the exact same problem i have removed all hardware it wont stay on long enough to load bios on and off six times then shuts down all together.

Fixed!

I had the same problem. It ended up being a loose CPU and the male side of the lid wire harness had two pins bent...I would recommend checking all connections twice, ribbons,harnesses and double check your cpu, make sure you have no pins bent, etc on anything. Make sure everything is secure and that SHOULD fix your problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back