Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

terry5880

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all
Could be! If you're normally connected via wired or wifi AND have a dial-up connection configured as well,
then if any program you've installed with AutoUpdate enabled will attempt to 'phone home'.
Without an active wired or wifi connection, guess what - - it causes windows to attempt a dial-up.

For this kind of issue, I always disable AutoUpdate in every program
( I a control freak and want control of when updates occur) and also
set Internet Options to never dial a connection

Back