Toshiba tecra s1 display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortnately my tecra s1 was knocked from the coffee table onto the floor, the display immediately turned white. When I rebooted there was no display at all (just black)
The computer is working as I connected it to an external display and that was fine. I tried to folow various trouble shooting guides online showing how to take the notebook apart and to reseat the display connector onto the motherboard however this did not cure the problem.

I did notice that coming from the display was a large bunch of wires going into a connector which is the one I reseated, on the right hand side of the display is a white and black wire going to a connector and a pink wire which just seemed to be floating, I could not see where it had come from. Does anyone have any ideas regarding this wire or any other tips which may help me.

You may have knocked the inverter lose. It is difficult to fix, as it rests behing the screen at the bottom... and you have to remove as many as 22 screws to get to it.
Or you may have dislodged the ribbon cable that goes from the system board to the screen at a hinge point.
That is easier to repair. Remove the keyboard by removing all the screws from the bottom of the computer, then remove the bezel and other parts around the keyboard. You will find a wide flat cable that is very thin. unplug and reseat that cable and all others.
Sometimes you will get lucky. But you really need a friend or a tech who is familiar with screen problems, and all the components in the computer...
As you probably know, it costs about $150 to have it repaired because of the time involved in doing the work... and the possible parts neede.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back