Trojan removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'll take the oppurtunity to introduce myself at the same time, as this is my first post. I'm not that big of a techy, but I've been lurking your site for a bit of time now, and this is where I get most of my info.

Well last night, I was trying to download directX the newer version and I downloaded something completly diffrent from lack of paying attention and I have scaned my computer 3 or 4 times, and Symantec does say the trojan was removed but still I get pop-ups of Spyware downloads. I also have an Icon on the notification area of my toolbar.

Here's what hijackthis had to say. And I'm not sure whatelse I can do. My taskmanager was locked also, but I have fixed that problem.

Attachments

• log.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 7
Ok first off, welcome, how are you doing?

Second off, bad news you are infected,
Unknown
O21 - SSODL: apdqnxp - {B145DA39-A64B-4F2A-A84C-85C0BB72A53B} - C:\WINDOWS\apdqnxp.dll
O21 - SSODL: btrklfr - {3D7E8CD3-6F35-4DC9-BCF8-BEA38822462B} - C:\WINDOWS\btrklfr.dll
Added by a variant of the MyGeek/CPVFeed adware.

Have HJT fix these entries,
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O21 - SSODL: apdqnxp - {B145DA39-A64B-4F2A-A84C-85C0BB72A53B} - C:\WINDOWS\apdqnxp.dll
O21 - SSODL: btrklfr - {3D7E8CD3-6F35-4DC9-BCF8-BEA38822462B} - C:\WINDOWS\btrklfr.dll

You need to download SDFix.
SDFix Instructions:

* Run the SDFix.exe by double clicking on it.
* Allow it to install into the default location which is normally c:\SDFix
* Now please reboot your computer into Safe Mode (see here)
* When you have booted into safe mode, open the C:\SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
* Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
* It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry entries found and then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
* When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
* Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
* Attach the Report.txt file to your next message.

Once these steps are complete it would be in your best interests to follow all the steps HERE

Used SDFix, and it seems the problem is gone! Thank you very much :)

Here's the log from SDFix, how's it look?

EDIT: do you deem a Format/Reinstall necessary? I do SOME online banking, but only check funds and pay phone bill.

Attachments

• log.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 5
I would run Hijackthis and post a new log so we can see how its looking now, also just to be on the safe side I would do the 15 steps in the sticky I mentioned earlier, that will show up any problems.

Your very welcome,

Some final things to finish off,

Update your Java Runtime Environment

* First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
* Select the Update TAb at the top
* Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
* If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 5) Follow the on screen instructions
* After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs
* Uninstall any older versions of Java

If for some reason you couldn't update through the above instructions.

* Click the following link
Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5
* The 4th option down is the one you want (click Download)
* Check the box to agree to terms of service
* Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
* After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
* Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_05 folder

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Sounds good, and again thank you very much. You have been extremly helpfull. I hope to be able to contribute half the knowledge you got going lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back