Trouble using Office 2003 in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippo430

Bought new PC 2 mos ago which came with trial version of Office 2007. Decided to go with Office 2003 (had copy from previous PC) so I installed MS Office 2003 and would save files to that version. When trial period for 2007 ended, de-installed 2007 and running only 2003. Problem is this: When trying to open Word .doc file get User Account Control message, "A program needs your permission to contine. When I enter "continue" another notice says, "Windows cannot find ...whatever the file is. When I hit OK the warning goes away and Word appears to open but without the desired file. I can open a file by selecting "File" in the toolbar menu, then selecting "Open" and getting into the desired file that way. But cannot simply double click from the "Documents" folder to access.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Doc associations issue

Just repair Office 2003 in add / remove Programs in Control Panel
By selecting Office 2003 and then whatever the button comes up (not sure it may say Modify, or Repair or Remove)

You could just fully uninstall it and Restart and start again (Re-install Office)
But make sure that you are an Administrator privileged account holder (confirmed by going to User Accounts in Control Panel)

Any further issues, you may in fact have Malware installed, you could run the UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions guide and if wanting to submit the logs create a new thread in the Virus & Malware removal forum, ie Not here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back