Trying to upgrade my computer but the new stuff isn't working

Okay, so I'm trying to put in some upgrades but I'm stuck. Not sure if I'm just doing something wrong of I have some defective products. I got a new mobo, cpu, ram and dvd drive and just keeping the old hard drive. Here's the new stuff specs:

Motherboard
Biostar A785G3 Socket AM3

CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2 Ghz

RAM
Centon 2GB DDR3-1333

DVD Drive
Lite On SATA 24X Internal

Well I hook up everything and get nothing on the display. The board has VGA and DVI but I got nothing on two different monitors. I had the same thing happen on a different mobo and returned it thinking it was a video problem but now I'm thinking it's a RAM or CPU problem. The new board has IDE and SATA connections and the old HD is IDE but I don't think that matters yet because I don't get a POST beep. I started it with and without the HD connected. I should at least get a no hard drive connected screen but still nothing. I think the board is recognizing the RAM because I started it without the RAM in and got the constant beeps indicating no RAM installed. However, I don't have any other boards taking DDR3 to be sure.

Did you plug in the 4 pin ATX 12V connector from the power supply? Did you use motherboard standoffs?

Yes. I get power to the board. Standoffs are the first thing to put in. Just hand tightened. Never had a prob with that before. I'm gonna send this processor back and get a tri-core that became available for the same price I paid for this dual-core. If I still have a prob after that then I'll try getting a new DIMM.

Back