Turning down hardware acceleration sound helps framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

turning down your hardware acceleration sound helps framerate and sound issues in certain games. I have this game called Street Legal redline, with sound on full acceleration the game crawls or seems to drag a bit, so turning off the sound acceleration to none, i can play the game at the highest settings running at 15-20fps.
And the lag is gone, nice and smooth.

Of course it helps frame rates, your running a Pentium III... If I turn the HA all the way up on my old Coppermine the system lags unbelievably and barely runs any of my older games. If you had a slightly newer setup, you probably wouldn't notice that much of a difference... because of the more powerful hardware devices.

Well it only works with certain games, maybe about 5 of them. I haven't tested this on all my games which give me trouble, but nevertheless, pretty good.

Your point is valid - even some newer comps have problems with sound driver/hardware versus game conflicts.

:)

yes i know, i read other topics dealing with the hardware sound acceleration with new computers. Only works with certain games.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back