Turning power step off with Asus mobo?

dizzyjai

bought a p5g41 c-mlx asus mobo yesterday. was wondering if there was a way to turn off power step. there is no option in the bios or drivers. anyone know anything about this? it's really annoying that my cpu keeps going down to 1.2 mhz even while i'm doing ****.

if it is throttling down while under load, there is something else wrong. the throttle up/down is faster than you would be able to perceive. how is it you know its going down to 1.2Ghz while under load?

if it is throttling down while under load, there is something else wrong. the throttle up/down is faster than you would be able to perceive. how is it you know its going down to 1.2Ghz while under load?

because when i run warcraft, have 30+ tabs open in chrome and other **** it lags pretty bad and skips between 1.2 and 2.6 on cpuid even thoe i'm doing ****... my old mobo used to have it but i could disable it on that.

Go into control panel under power options and move from power saver to performance and see if that stops the throttling.

Back