Twitter says it won't remove Trump's provocative tweets because they are newsworthy

midian182

Staff member

Back in December, Twitter said that it would ban Donald Trump if he broke the rules that prohibit violent threats, harassment, or hateful conduct. But it seems the President will never be removed from his favorite app no matter what he posts, as his tweets are all considered newsworthy.

Trump has never been one for holding back on Twitter. Since he joined the election race, there have been questions over whether some of his posts violate the company’s terms of service.

When asked if Trump would ever be banned if he purposely broke the rules, a Twitter spokesperson last year said: “The Twitter Rules apply to all accounts, including verified accounts.”

The issue has been raised once again following the President’s tweets regarding North Korea. The message he posted on August 11 led to some users asking why Trump’s account wasn’t being suspended for what many saw as a violent threat. It read: “Military solutions are now fully in place,locked and loaded,should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!”

The same questions arrived following a Tweet on September 24, a message that North Korea has taken as a declaration of war.

Twitter explained that it would not take action against his account because of its newsworthiness. “We hold all accounts to the same Rules, and consider a number of factors when assessing whether Tweets violate our Rules,” the company explained in a series of tweets. “Among the considerations is ‘newsworthiness’ and whether a Tweet is of public interest.”

Twitter said it would soon update its public-facing rules to reflect the policy. The problem it may now have is how to decide which tweets from other users can be considered newsworthy.

Permalink to story.

In as much as Trump is promoting his "brand" on Twitter, I think they should be charging him the commercial rate ... and if you don't know what brand that is, you really need to pay better attention ....

The only reason why they are classifying his tweets "news worthiness" is because he has his hand stuffed so far up their tweeter hole!

"newsworthiness"? Total bull. Twitter is afraid of what Trump would do in retaliation... as they should be.

In all seriousness though this whole tweeting thing Trump does is childish and as far as I'm concerned inappropriate. It needs to stop. He needs to grow up and act like a President.

"newsworthiness"? Total bull. Twitter is afraid of what Trump would do in retaliation... as they should be.

In all seriousness though this whole tweeting thing Trump does is childish and as far as I'm concerned inappropriate. It needs to stop. He needs to grow up and act like a President.

His public persona, which he has used for over 40 years, is why he's in the White House. If anyone still doesn't get what he's doing after that long, we might as well have every tweet tagged as 4-D chess and call it magic.

As long as Trump generates massive amounts of traffic on their site Twitter will never remove him. That's all, money comes first, integrity doesn't matter, heck does it even make the top 5?

His public persona, which he has used for over 40 years, is why he's in the White House. If anyone still doesn't get what he's doing after that long, we might as well have every tweet tagged as 4-D chess and call it magic.
I get it, I just don't agree with it. I understand many people are angry with how things are being ran, and Trump conveyed this in his attitude. Now that he is in though, I see no reason for his opinion to continue through Twitter. I think it is severely unprofessional.

I get it, I just don't agree with it. I understand many people are angry with how things are being ran, and Trump conveyed this in his attitude. Now that he is in though, I see no reason for his opinion to continue through Twitter. I think it is severely unprofessional.

He still has to market himself and drive attention where he wants it. Notice what all these websites are talking about:

CNN's latest commentary? No.

Fox New's latest commentary? No.

MSNBC's latest commentary? No.

Trump's latest outrageous tweet? Yes.

He has them dancing around like TMZ on a hot celebrity lead. He made all the headlines about North Korea, healthcare repeal, DACA, and Afghanistan disappear with the press of a button (his tweets on the NFL a few days ago). And now, even when he makes a statement about North Korea, the issue isn't NK or the escalating tensions, but whether or not Twitter is enforcing it's ToS:

"The issue has been raised once again following the President’s tweets regarding North Korea. The message he posted on August 11 led to some users asking why Trump’s account wasn’t being suspended for what many saw as a violent threat."

The cumulative effect of this "unprofessionalism" is that it discredits the media.

Puerto Rico just got whipped off the map --> Media fills air time with outrage over Trump's comments about firing NFL players.

The Russian and North Korean situations continue to deteriorate --> Media fills air time with outrage over Trump not being banned from Twitter.

New examples at the beginning of every week, because tweets.

If he goes "professional" he has to stop making them dance like trained monkeys at the beginning of every week. This serves neither his apparent agenda nor the solidification of his base.

I get the point. But the point misses the key play: once Trump stops tweeting, the media regains control of the news cycle, which doesn't benefit Trump.

It's not difficult to understand - he's a deeply stupid man.

The US does not need nuclear to eradicate the north as long as they stay well below the Yalu

Sure they don't need, but would be a hell lot faster and spare american soldier lives, that would be the perfect excuse for Bush, sorry, Trump to nuke NK. Throwing my humanity out of the window, US could hack all NK infrastructure, destroy every militar asset and give NK in a plate to SK. That would be Trump showing brute force.

Sure they don't need, but would be a hell lot faster and spare american soldier lives, that would be the perfect excuse for Bush, sorry, Trump to nuke NK. Throwing my humanity out of the window, US could hack all NK infrastructure, destroy every militar asset and give NK in a plate to SK. That would be Trump showing brute force.
Maybe you recall the 80's video of Reagan waking in the night and pushing the button, maybe you remember how they said Goldwater would nuke the earth. The left uses this like they use other lies to propagate their holocaust on America and the world. Seen Europe lately

Back