U32prod.dll error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mretzloff

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this,

Anyway, every time I try opening a photo which I downloaded from my e-mail and saved to my desktop, I get an error message saying "This application has failed to start because u32Prod.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." After I click the OK button, I get another pop-up saying "Ulead Instant Viewer has stopped working".

I'm running Microsoft Windows Vista SP1.

Any help would be appreciated.

I went ahead and uninstalled the trial and tried uninstalling the original program
Why was the trial still on the system if you got the full program- at least that's what I think the 'original program' refers to.

At any rate, the program as is, appears to be corrupt. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove any remaining files and folders for this program:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
This is a small download, save to the desktop. Run from there.

Once that has been done, you should be able to do afresh install without problem.

Why was the trial still on the system if you got the full program- at least that's what I think the 'original program' refers to.

At any rate, the program as is, appears to be corrupt. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove any remaining files and folders for this program:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301
This is a small download, save to the desktop. Run from there.

Once that has been done, you should be able to do afresh install without problem.

You told me to install the trial. You said to re-download the program and I did.

I downloaded that cleanup utility and click on Run. I still can't uninstall the Ulead Program.

You told me to install the trial. You said to re-download the program and I did.
It was not my intention that you download a trial version. The error message you got suggested that you "Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Then you got the message that the ""Ulead Instant Viewer has stopped working"

If you had told me you were using the trial version in the first place, I would have had you uninstall. After all files were removed, I would have then had you install the program-again.

In the meantime, or instead, try using the Windows Photo Gallery that comes with Vista:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/photo-gallery.aspx

OR- Try doing a System Restore back to date before the viewer stopped working.

It was not my intention that you download a trial version. The error message you got suggested that you "Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Then you got the message that the ""Ulead Instant Viewer has stopped working"

If you had told me you were using the trial version in the first place, I would have had you uninstall. After all files were removed, I would have then had you install the program-again.

In the meantime, or instead, try using the Windows Photo Gallery that comes with Vista:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/photo-gallery.aspx

OR- Try doing a System Restore back to date before the viewer stopped working.

I wasn't using the trial. When I tried re-downloading the program, it downloaded 8.5 trial. I have 8.0 basic SE.

How can I make it so pictures are automatically opened with Windows Photo Gallery?

BTW, thanks for the help so far :)

How can I make it so pictures are automatically opened with Windows Photo Gallery?
Control Panel> Folder Options> File types> find and highlight the picture file extensions, usually jpg & jpeg are the most common> then click on 'Open With' and select the Windows Photo Gallery> check the box by 'always use this'> Apply> OK.

Control Panel> Folder Options> File types> find and highlight the picture file extensions, usually jpg & jpeg are the most common> then click on 'Open With' and select the Windows Photo Gallery> check the box by 'always use this'> Apply> OK.

Eh, I'm lost. I got to Folder Options and can't find File Types.

You're welcome. And now that you know what and where the Folder Options are, you will know what to do and where to do it! Sorry about the XP/Vista directions mix-up. Got to stay on my toes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back