Ugly virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

alane

Hi

Ive got infected by running an .exe file which I thought was safe.
I started to follow instructions 1 to 15 of the sticky which gives me some hope. BUT I have encountered several problems on the way and the worst of them is cant work in normal mode since the Virus takes over the system completely and I cant update most of the other programms because they are being blocked from the internet even in safemode with Networkin enabled they cant reach the servers.

SO I guess i will try to follow the 15 steps all under safe mode.

The second problem is that my mouse stopped working in normal mode, and my internet browsers stopped loading a bucnh of security websites so I cant download anything from those websites on that computer.

I luckily have a second computer so i can communicate and download the antispyware/antivirus but I cannot update them on the infected computer so I will have to use them with no updates?

So, thats one of my questions, does anyone know how to make the antispyware and antivirus updates work, they all give me the same type of error when updating like: cannot connect to server, cannot download updates try again later, etc.

Thanks for your help every one

Alan

Maybe I should reformat my computer but I have heard that some viruses will stay even after reformatting?

Update: MalwareBytes Antimalware: Updates failed.

error message from SSD:
error sending request.
The server name or adress could not be resolved.
in the background:
Donwload
safer-networking_com

SSD reports warning: there were problems in the include file c:/programfiles/spybot/.... ... MalwareC.sbi
SSD reports warning: there were problems in the include file c:/programfiles/spybot/.... ... Trojans.sbi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back