Ultimate gaming system

You'll waste tons of time thinking about these things...

I'd have a roomy SSD, a WD Caviar black 2TB hdd, a 6850, a Phenom II X6, an antec 902 (or similar, as long as it has fan filters!), 4GB OCZ reapers, and an HT Omega Claro Halo XT. Actually, I'd RAID 1 those WD caviar blacks. I'd get some quite fans and a Kaze master fan controller too.
Also, I'd have a new mousepad, and headset. And a card reader.

I would get exactly what i have already except your CPU "supersmashbrada" and quad 5970's and obviously a much more powerful PSU

Read the heading, i said if you had endless money
There was a survey I saw last month. The question was like, "if you won xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx USD, how would your work status change?".
About 60% - 65% said that it would not change.
If I had endless money to spend on a computer...I wouldn't spend too much anyway.
Maybe add a couple an extra backup drives to the list.
EDIT: Oh but i'd definitely get myself a PCI firewire.

The hdd's in my specs are actually for storage, I have an ssd raid format for os and games. Also using a 1200 watt psu, but my setup only pulls 670 watts from the wall. I'm sure it would be more if I stressed the vga's more.

There was a survey I saw last month. The question was like, "if you won xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx USD, how would your work status change?".
About 60% - 65% said that it would not change.
If I had endless money to spend on a computer...I wouldn't spend too much anyway.
Maybe add a couple an extra backup drives to the list

There 's no real reason to buy the high end stuff either way, other than to get kicks. I spend 4-6 hours at my pc working for my dad so I don't feel so guilty about my purchases.

hello kitty really isn't getting the hole point of this topic, really only 670watt? that crazy so mine would be using hardly any power then

hello kitty really isn't getting the hole point of this topic, really only 670watt? that crazy so mine would be using hardly any power then
You asked what I would buy, expect varying answers. If you wanted to know what the fastest system would be, I doubt you'd even need to ask.

Lets see, what games do I play...Touhou, Osu!, Starcraft...I obviously don't need a seriously powerful system; why have all the bulk? I bet two 5970's would be hot, loud, and you'd want a huge case too. Besides, I'd feel silly getting ripped of and paying $1000 for a processor.
The only thing i'm really stressing my computer with is video encoding, and of course, my hdd doesn't boot up instantly.

True i apologize for not taking your opinion, but if you could pull off having quad gpu's you have to admit it would be a nice party trick to know you could do anything in the world on it

I would some how make a invention to get multiple mother boards to work together then deck out each mother board.

I would some how make a invention to get multiple mother boards to work together then deck out each mother board.
I think they call those, "blade servers", or maybe it's,"supercomputers". In any event, it's not likely you'll be the inventor.

Yea blade servers have been using that technolgy for a few years now, and that was cruel grumpy, never no he could be the next bill gates lol

Yea blade servers have been using that technolgy for a few years now, and that was cruel grumpy, never no he could be the next bill gates lol
Grumpy, meh, I call it tough love. I didn't want him to wander around suffering the delusion that that technology didn't exist. Right, aren't we all....(the next Bill Gates).........?

but just think about it, when bill gates was a no1 everyone around him prob thought he was an idioit when he thought up the idea of mircosoft

Back