Unable to boot my laptop-BSOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryaned

I am communicating on my daughter's laptop, which is wirelessly connected to a three computer network.
Earlier today my laptop crashed and I did a hard shut down and rebooted, however after entering my password my computer goes to a black screen and no further. I rebooted in safe mode and did a system restore and now I cannot boot my laptop even in safe mode. Any suggestions...thank you. Ned

I did a restore point and now my laptop will boot and connect to internet in "safe mode" but after putting in my password in normal mode the screen is black no desktop icons appear.
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Ned

Some things to try:
Once you log in, try using Ctrl+Alt+Del
See if you can go to Performance, Performance Monitor. Go to Help and click the link to access the internet. Or i guess you can Start new Task, and load %ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Try rolling back your Graphics Drivers.

Try CTRL+ALT+DELETE Start new: explorer.exe

Try booting the Vista Disk, and select repair.
Hope it helps.

Thanks for responding...CNTR+ALT+DELETE doesn't respond as now I'm unable to log on in safe mode.
I do not have a Vista disc as Vista was factory installed.
Since I'm having problems booting in safe mode I'm unable to roll back my Graphic Drivers
Thanks, Ned

Oooh...
That isn't good haha.

I have one idea, it's not as By-The-Rules, but it may work...

> Download an ISO Burning tool.
> Burn a copy of Ubuntu ISO
> Boot Ubuntu (DONT INSTALL IT)

You should be able to access most of your WIndows Files from there.
Along with being able to change drivers, access system files, and use the internet.
I'd say give it a try, it can't hurt...

"XP / Server 2003 / Vista: ISO Recorder
Download and install the appropriate version of ISO Recorder.

Insert an unformatted CD into your burner. (Note: one can burn DVDs with this tool only from Vista.) Open Windows Explorer, browse to your ISO file, right-click and choose "Copy image to CD". "

The only computer I have with Vista is the laptop thats not working...the others have Win XP

I'll have to wait for my daughter to come home(tomorrow) before I download ISO burning tool on her computer...thanks for your help Aurello
Ned

In order to be able to boot up my laptop I had to restore it to status it was delivered in and I lost all data, downloads, applicatications, pictures etc...I am currently reinstalling AVG anti virus software. Thanks to AurelloSoft for the input....well, back to work.
Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back