Unable to Install software on Windows 7 Pro

Ronan Odriscoll

Hi All,

My house mate recently purchased a refurbished Dell unit which came complete with Windows 7 Pro Fully installed and activated etc. However on starting it up we have come across an unusual error. We are unable to install any software on it what so ever however and cannot run some programs.

The PC came complete with the Software fully installed and activated and it has a genuine Key on the top of the unit.

I am really stumped as to what to do as we have purchased something now that we cannot use properly.

It has the following basic Specs:
INTEL Pentium D Dual core (3.4 x2)
1 TB Ultrastar SATA HDD
4 GB DDR2 Ram
DVD +/-RW

Error Codes:
I have come across this error code alot
https://nsis.sf.net/NSIS_Error

Progress so far:
Im quite apt at running stuff under compatibility mode and turning off the UAC ect so all that has been done.
I have no issue with rooting around in the registry so I have already made a backup copy of it.

any help would be appreciated many thanks.

In this case, try:
A. Clearing your browser cache
B. Visiting the site again to download the software again. Try reinstalling it

If the error persists, try the following methods to fix it.

Important: The problem is that the downloaded file is corrupt, if you apply one of the following methods without downloading the software again, it will not help.

thanks for the link...done all this still is an issue
one of the programs was IE 11 which has actually managed to install via a windows update so im going to try updating everything see what happens

Issue solved guys hope it wasn't just me being dull and it was just an update issue but it appears to be all working now.

Thanks for help

Back