Unable to view hidden files and system restarts if I try to scan with any anti-virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am not sure, but I guess I am being troubled with some malware or something. Whenever I try to scan with any antivirus program, be it installed in my pc or be it scanning with the online program, after some time of scanning, the system restarts automatically showing some red screen suddenly. And moreover when I go to change the settings for the hidden folders, it shows two options under hide, which are Do not show hidden files and 1 I wonder because I don't see show hidden files option

I am even attaching the hijackthis log.

Please help

Upon booting your PC, tap F8 repeatedly. You should be met with a list of boot options, choose "Safe Mode". After you're in, try running the scan.

Zenosincks,

I ran the McAfee AV scan in Safe Mode. I guess the malware/spyware/trojan is in the C drive (where the OS is installed). Even then, suddenly when the scan was going on, a blue screen came and the system restarted. So, what to do now then?

Either reinstall the OS (which is what I'd do), or attach the HDD to another PC as a Secondary/Slave drive and run the scans from there.

Format and start with a fresh partition. Repair just replaces the core/critical files.

Be aware that you'll lose all of your data by formatting, so back up anything that you don't want to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back