Unmountable_Boot_Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
BSOD
"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, as your hardware or software manufacturer for any any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. ZDisable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advance start up options, and then select safe mode.
Technical information:
*** stop: 0x000000ED (0x8678383900, 0xc0000015, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

After reformatting my Dell Inspiron 9100, and installing Win XP Pro, everything was working well, (ie. start up, downloading, restart, installing (except Google Earth, just before the problem) until restarting after installing Google Earth. When trying to restart, Windows would begin to load, and then the BSOD would appear with above info.
I have tried booting from Install CD (Win XP Pro SP3) and choosing R for repair, trying CHKDSK, /P, /R, /F, Fixmbr, Fixboot, and yet every result is that it can not write to it.
There is no other partition, but C:. Have ran Drivers and Utilities CD (OEM), and found
IDE Disk S/N # S.M.A.R.T long Test Failure
Error code: 0F00:075B (..electrical portion.)
and 0F00:065B (..electrical portion.) the last time I ran it.
During that extended test, that error showed up 5 times

I did not see this coming, and have not yet backed up data....Please advise.
I have some experience, but not too in depth.
I have (1) 120 GB external hard drive.
Thank you.

'Unmountable_Boot_Volume'‏

Hemant,

Thanks for the reply. This computer issue was NOT expected, after just formatting this HDD, and installing a clean OEM copy of WIN XP Pro SP3. I have yet backed up anything. What can I do to save my data? Please keep in mind, I do not have a lot of IT experience, but follow precise directions very well.

Thanks again.

Wayne

See [post=766270]How to recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post]

you can try booting from CD into knoppix and see if your hard drive will behave to at least allow you to then try and copy your files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back