Unpredictable BSODs on Vista, different errors every time

I have unpredictable BSODs that have been going on since I got my computer quite a while back. Back then I did not have internet and the amount of BSODs has not changed. They happen at any hour of the day during any program on the computer. No error message I have read through has had the same error on it. When one of my techy friends came over to try and fix it. He could not simulate the error, and the answers for the errors I had shown him didn't work. They consisted of getting rid of a virus or updating your computer. Since I did not have internet at the time we assumed it could not be the virus. and since I have gotten the internet I have been running updates with no results in detering the BSODs.
My computer stats are:

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JAYTESSMER-PC
System Manufacturer INTEL_
System Model DQ3510J_
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, 2497 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. JOQ3510J.86A.0559.2007.0726.0425, 7/26/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name JayTessmer-PC\Jay Tessmer
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.24 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.16 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.68 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.53 GB
Page File Space 3.54 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Please help rid me of this annoying problem.

Hello Jay, Thank you for posting your system specs.
We would like to help, but we need a little more from you.

You told us that nothing you tried had worked.
What exactly has been tried?
Have you followed the preliminary suggestions offered by Julio, here?
You have not provided any minidumps for us to look at.
A zip of your most recent five would be helpful.

Having offered this much...
Having erratic / unpredictable errors sometimes is a symptom that sometimes shows up with malware.
Also, sometimes this kind of symptom will show up with bad, or improperly configured RAM.

I would suggest that you pay close attention to the suggestions in the link above.
Then focus on the suggestions that relate to memory and system configuration.
Specifically,
  • Make sure your ram is on the HCL for your mb.
  • make sure that your ram settings are properly entered in BIOS.
  • If you are overclocking, reset this as well.
  • Then run Memtest, per the guide we offer here
Please note that (unless you start getting errors reported) you will need to let this run a long time.
A good way of doing this is to let it run over night. In each 'pass" there are a series of eight memory tests that are run, each more complicated than the previous. You need to let it run a minimum of 7 passes, unless you start getting errors. If you have errors reported, you may want to re-run the test with only one stick of ram installed, checked each stick until you isolate those that are faulty. That way you can limit your replacement to those that actually need it.

Let us know the results. If your memory comes up without errors, then we can check other things.
HTH.

Here it is

My friend Josh,
1. Checked for viruses, none were found
2. Thought it may be my memory, but gave up on that idea when he couldn't simulate the blue screen
3. The blue screen messages I gave him pointed to either a virus or lack of updates. Computer updated, no virus on detector, no results.
4. tried cleaning up unneeded files, which didn't help since the bluescreens have been happening since I got the computer, (My fault for not taking it in right away)

Attachments

• Coded problems.txt
    710 bytes · Views: 2
If that is all the information you wish to provide, we will not be able to provide a lot of help.

The Minidumps themselves will provide more information than the short text file you sent.
With the variety of errors, the two top suspects would be memory, or possibly other hardware failure.
OR Malware.

Unless your friend has been trained in malware removal, I would not be very confident at this point.
Even those who remove malware regularly will tell you that "nothing is certain": All they can say for sure, when they have finished with you, is that all tests available to them fail to indicate malware.

If you want to look for other possibilities...
1. Are you overclocking?
2. Is your memory on the MB HCL???
3. Have you run Memtest?
4. Have you checked temps?

Someone else might have some other ideas, but at this point... without more to go on...
that is what I would be checking.

Back