Upcoming 2nd Gen Threadripper *Rig Makeover*

islandgam3r

What up everyone, got an upcoming Rig build and thought that the best way I can meet everyone is to post some info on my upcoming rig that I should be building within the next month or two to replace my 5 and a half year old PC that I currently have. This upcoming rig will be used for VM Management, Video Editing, Streaming and Gaming to name a few. I Included a screenshot and PCPP Link with my Part List. All feedback/suggestions are welcome, this will be my 1st time doing anything this overkill and pricey and 1st time delving into Custom Water-Cooling.

So far what Iv'e got part-wise is:

Power Supply - EVGA SuperNova P2 1000W

Video Card - Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56 Limited Edition

PC Case - The beautiful Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic Der8aur Edition (White)

Parts still to get:

CPU - Threadripper 2nd Gen 2920X 12-Core

RAM - 32GB 3200Mhz CAS 16 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB Memory (White)

Motherboard - Asrock X399M Taichi

Cooling Fans for Radiator(s) - Lian-Li Bora Lite 120mm Fans (x9)

Storage - Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD, Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M.2 SSD, WD Black Series 6TB 7200RPM HDD

PCPP Link - https://pcpartpicker.com/user/islandg%40m3r/saved/#view=q37KZL

upload_2018-7-27_11-51-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-26_11-14-42.png
    upload_2018-7-26_11-14-42.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I almost did, but some of the SAMSUNG Software features make it worth the money, like the "Rapid Boot"option and the built in Backup Software linked to the Magician Software, they are also a good bit faster Read and Write max MBP/s. BUT! If I was focusing on a more budget high-end build I def would snatch the WD nVMEs =) I might Switch out the 512GB Pro for the Another 1TB Evo nVME though, cause there rly isnt a BIG diff in speed between the two models and I dnt think I need a Pro version even though I will be doing Video Editing, plus I hear the Pros get pretty toasty

Back