Upcoming Steve Jobs biography reveals Tim Cook offered offered Jobs a liver, which he turned down

Shawn Knight

Staff member

tim cook steve jobs apple biography walter isaacson liver transplant brent schlender rick tetzeil

Each time a new biography of Steve Jobs is published, we learn a bit more about the life and times of the Apple co-founder. Such is the case with Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader, a telling biography from Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeil that offers plenty of insight and even debunks some of what was included in previous works on the matter.

In the new book, current CEO Tim Cook said Walter Isaacson’s biography did Jobs a tremendous disservice. Cook described it as a rehash of stuff that had already been written and focused on small parts of Jobs’ personality. The person Cook said he read about was someone he would never have wanted to work with.

tim cook steve jobs apple biography walter isaacson liver transplant brent schlender rick tetzeil

Another revelation highlights just how close Cook and Jobs really were. According to the biography, Cook offered a portion of his own liver to Jobs after learning he shared the same rare blood type as his ailing colleague. Jobs, however, turned down the offer.

The biography also claims that Jobs discussed the possibility of buying Yahoo with Disney chief (and close friend) Bob Iger. Jobs also reportedly urged his friend not to act on an offer to join Google’s board; Iger ultimately took his advice and accepted a seat on Apple’s board in 2011 shortly after Jobs died.

The new biography goes on sale March 24.

Permalink to story.

The man is dead yet people still try to get rich off his legacy. How many books have they released so far? A dozen or so... Enough already, let his memory rest in peace as well. He was just another ordinary, flawed homo sapien just like all of us. That ranted, I'll take as much interest in this autobiography as I've done in all the others... Zero.

Last edited:
The man is dead yet people still try to get rich off his legacy. How many books have they released so far? A dozen or so... Enough already, let his memory rest in peace as well. He was just another ordinary, flawed homo sapien just like all of us. That ranted I'll take as much interest in this autobiography as I've done in all the others... Zero.

Are you really surprised.

How long has elvis been dead and people still try to make money off his name.
This will continue for the next 20 years easy.

Last edited:
Why don't they let him rest in peace already.. And wasn't this revealed years ago in another biography? This article smells more like publicity than an actual article.

Back