Solved UPDATED 8-step V/S/M Preliminary Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonychanman

I've followed the steps and have attached the required logs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a Lenovo T61, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10 GHz, 2.00 GB Ram.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12.2 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-03-02 (09-52-50).txt
    866 bytes · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 03-02-2010 - 10-38-47.log
    2.9 KB · Views: 1
mostly just the internet, but the computer does seem to have a bit of lag as well. When opening a new link, or a new tab in internet, it takes about 5-10 seconds for anything to happen. i recently formatted my computer a few months ago since i was having this issue before, but it only seemed to speed up my computer for a few weeks and now it's bogging down again.

Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

IE 8. i haven't tried any other browsers, i didn't think this was the issue as I have a laptop at home which is about 5 years old, running the same browser but responds much faster. I'll try firefox to see if there's any improvement

Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")

I have a Lenovo T61, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10 GHz, 2.00 GB Ram.

i have 87.4 GB free of 142 GB

firefox seems to be running a bit faster the IE but still seems to lag. i hope i'm not just expecting too much, I would have expected faster performance from a laptop with some respectable specs. multitasking seems to really put a strain on my computer

i use my laptop at my office mostly, however at home i have the same issues. the numbers i am getting are as follows:

ISP: Telus communications 2.5/5
download: 2.13 mb/s
upload: 0.71 mb/s
ping: 71 ms

Telus communications 2.5/5
I assume, it's 5/2.5?

Let's check something....

Go Start>Run (Start Search in Vista), type in:
msconfig
Click OK (hit Enter in Vista).

Click on Startup tab.
Click Disable all
IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.

Click Services tab.
Put checkmark in Hide all Microsoft services
Click Disable all.

Click OK.
Restart computer in Normal Mode.

NOTE. If you use different firewall, than Windows firewall, turn Windows firewall on, just for this test, since your regular firewall won't be running.
If you use Windows firewall, you're fine.

Same problem?

well things seem to have sped up a bit, however my IE (preferred browser) is still sluggish. Firefox seems to be running well. However when trying to access my network just now it was hung up for about 3 seconds before i could open any folders, but no lag afterwards. I think I'm ok with the result, I'll just settle with using firefox. Thanks for all your help Broni. Should I go back to my msconfig startup and recheck anything? i would think i would want to atleast recheck my antivirus and such

Should I go back to my msconfig startup and recheck anything?
I'll tell you what to do here after we check one more thing.

however my IE (preferred browser) is still sluggish
Close IE.
Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools, and click on Internet Explorer (no add-ons). Same thing?

this is much faster, typing text into a text box though seems a bit laggy, like half a second behind but it's barely noticable.

OK. We're getting somewhere.
Firstly, it seems like some of IE add-on(s) is causing problems.

In IE, go Tools>Internet settings>Advanced tab and click on "Reset" button.
Now, go back to "msconfig" and re-enable all items, you disabled before.
Restart computer and see how IE is doing.
There is a chance, that also some startup, or service is causing a problem, but we'll check that after you perform the above.

Excellent :)

Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

will do, should i report back after? or should this be the last step to the process to just clear my temporary files?

the TFC ran without a hitch. Thank you very much for your help as well as your quick responses. This will no doubt lower my frustration level with my internet browsing. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back