Upgrade from Intel 82845G card

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronire

I recently bought Caesar IV and really want to play it but I can't beacuse my crappy video card doesn't support T&L or Pixel Shader.

Apparently the 82845G has an AGP slot but I don't really know anything about video cards.

What's the best type of video card I can get that supports T&L and Pixel Shader for the best price? I can always save up if I need to, but at the moment my budget is about £150. Although I'd like to get it as cheap as I can because money doesn't grown on trees.

And also, would I have to install the card manually? If so, how?

Go to www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com, www.directron.com, and look for AGP video cards by NVidia and ATI... then look for the highest memory you can afford. Pick out a few, then do a google search by model number, and you will find reviews or additional information.
They are not difficult to install, and come with installation instructions, and an install disc.
You can also post the model numbers here for additional recommendations.

Click on the data you wish to move, then right click on "Copy"
Now in the new document to which you wish to move it, using either Excel or Access, right click on "Paste" and it will copy the needed information.
For more discussion, you need a book or manual on Microsoft Office so you do not screw things up. It is too easy to make things worse with an instruction on a forum without being able to see the files.

raybay said:
Go to www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com, www.directron.com, and look for AGP video cards by NVidia and ATI... then look for the highest memory you can afford. Pick out a few, then do a google search by model number, and you will find reviews or additional information.
They are not difficult to install, and come with installation instructions, and an install disc.
You can also post the model numbers here for additional recommendations.

I've been looking around on these sites, and looking at the specs for cards that i'm interested in, but in the features section, none of them seem to include T&L?

What motherboard model do you have?

This can help you out:

Cfitzarl said:
. We NEED Your Computer Specs. -
Although you may need a video card, you might not be able to play some of the best games or run the most demanding applications with crappy hardware. We also NEED to know what you motherboard is or even better, what slot your motherboard accepts for video cards (PCI, PCI-Express 1X/4X/16X, AGP 2X/4X/8X). To find out your specs, you can download a program like "CPU-Z" to find out; (google it) There are a few tabs in CPU-Z, each for a different part of the computer. We need the information from the memory, cpu, and mainboard section;

Regards :wave:

wolfram said:
What motherboard model do you have?

This can help you out:

Regards :wave:

Here we go.

Memory.jpg

Mainboard.jpg

CPU.jpg

The Fujitsu Siemens D1740 is discussed in this thread and it is mentioned that that particular mobo has no AGP slot.

Although the Intel board may have had AGP, the board Fujitsu farmed out from them was ordered without it, probably to cut costs.

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache...Siemens+D1740+82845G&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=ca

The mainboard pdf is here:

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl...therboards/FSC/D1740/A26361-D1740-Z120-UK.pdf

If that is the case, then you are out of luck. :(

edit: unless you want to upgrade the mobo which takes careful thought considering expense versus benefit.

Someone has confused the threads here. This thread is not about the Fujitsu Siemens D1740 mainboard.
This thread is about the 82845G Graphics Controller for the 845 chipset of intel... The 82845G is used in astonishing numbers of Dell, Compaq, Gateway, eMachines, and other computers. It is a Home or Basic computer graphics controller, but will handle a variety of setups. It is an AGP graphics controller.

Yeah - I was mixing apples and oranges - the chips from Intel installed on the board made by/for Fujitsu Siemens is more appropriate.

In any case, saffronire indicates that his chip won't run T&L requiring games and from what I can find the board he has doesn't have an AGP slot to expand to a T&L card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back