Upgrade to Windows 10 should..

vhalz

Hi

My file system were corrupted and sfc/scannow does not work, tried chkdsk but I encounter volume direct access error. So my last chance to restore file system on my windows is to upgrage from windows 7 to windows 10.

is my theory correct? Please assist me.

Thank you.

You could try is downloading Microsoft's Media Creation Tool onto a usb stick using another computer and hope that it will install W10 on your damaged system. As you say it sounds possible but things often don't go as we'd like.

Just because you have an issue with one OS doesn't mean your only solution is to upgrade. A reinstall or system recovery of your current OS is always an option.

Edit: In fact the issues you have can cause problems with Windows 10 upgrade, keeping it from completing. You should fix your OS to make sure the upgrade process has little reason to fail.

Just because you have an issue with one OS doesn't mean your only solution is to upgrade. A reinstall or system recovery of your current OS is always an option.

Edit: In fact the issues you have can cause problems with Windows 10 upgrade, keeping it from completing. You should fix your OS to make sure the upgrade process has little reason to fail.

I've already exhausted all the possible solutions to the problem, scan disk cannot check my harddisk as it became unreadable because of the system corrupted file, what should I do?

The average computer user doesn't really relish reinstalling Windows and repairing an installation can also be a real pain. It's easy to see why the poster likes the idea of sidestepping the issue with an upgrade. The question is what if it goes wrong? Are they going to be any worse off?

Back