Upgrading graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys ,I'm upgrading my graphic card from 8600gt so I'm thinking of 9800GTX+ ,my price range is around $100-$180 is it the best choice.
my mobo is n-force 650 ultra will it face any problems with this card cause its pc-i 1.1 and the card is 2.0 or so
the max res for me is 1600x900
and im planing on playing games like GTA IV and CRYSIS with good FPS

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4302063&CatId=1558
I was looking at Sparkle and EVGA as well, but the BFG version topped em both by just a little.
Oh yeah, if you want GOOD fps for Crysis as well as PERFECT quality, just buy two of these or two $60 or $70 versions of the 9600 and with a little overclock on the 9600s it'd be perfect quality. (maybe on the 9600s I ain't quite sure)
But one 9800 gtx+ should do it. Note on the 9800 GTX+: it consumes a WHOLE lot more power than the standard 9800 GTX. So, have an adequate psu to support the card like a 750watt or an 800watt psu would be safer. I think it's 500 or 550watts that is actually needed to power the gpu, but I always overdo it.

+1 to what Technochicken said, those are the best GPU's for the money that you can buy now. PCI-e 1.1 isn't much of a bottleneck to PCI-e 2.0 cards, if any at all.

Are you going to buy locally or elsewhere? Fry's has this 9800GTX+ for $145, and with shipping to Jordan it'd come close to $180.

If you're buying from a local shop, get the HD 4870 as suggested above. You may also consider looking on Souq.com for possible deals.

I was looking at Sparkle and EVGA as well, but the BFG version topped em both by just a little.
Oh yeah, if you want GOOD fps for Crysis as well as PERFECT quality, just buy two of these or two $60 or $70 versions of the 9600 and with a little overclock on the 9600s it'd be perfect quality. (maybe on the 9600s I ain't quite sure)
But one 9800 gtx+ should do it. Note on the 9800 GTX+: it consumes a WHOLE lot more power than the standard 9800 GTX. So, have an adequate psu to support the card like a 750watt or an 800watt psu would be safer. I think it's 500 or 550watts that is actually needed to power the gpu, but I always overdo it.

I can vouch for the EVGA. I actually just got 2 of these cards from tigerdirect today. Dont forget tigerdirect has 15% off cash back with bing and shipping it always fast for me. Cant beat that deal!
smile1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back