Upgrading my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacer

is my pc out of date should i invest in new one

here my specs

perating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
CPU
Type DualCore Intel Core 2 E8400, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake P35
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX (512 MB)
DirectX DirectX 10.0
Motherboard Name Asus P5K Premium/WiFi-AP
Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD1988B @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller
Optical Drive ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P SCSI
CdRom Device
Optical Drive PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-202 ATA Device (BD:5x, DVD+RW:12x/6x, DVD-RW:12x/6x, DVD-ROM:12x BD-ROM/DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Printer Canon MX300 series Printer
ATI Theater 650 TV Card hybird visiontex
power suppy atx 700w
8gb of memory

No need to make a third thread within a few hours...my answer stands from your other thread, not really, since it will run anything available.

For all your threads my reply would be the same as HK's. Your rig is fine. If you do want you may upgrade your GPU to something more powerful.

Trust me, you're fine. I'm still running a 5 year old Dell Dimension 3000 with a Pentium 4 processor, and everything works well. Although a friend is sending me a faster Pentium 4 to replace my old one.

My old one is 2.80GHz and 533MHz. For $5 he's sending me his old 3.0GHz and 800MHz with hyper-threading. That's about as much upgrading as I really need as this little machine chugs along quite quickly enough for my taste. So I think you're fine where you are. Unless you really intend to do some pretty heavy stuff, no need to upgrade...unless you want to just get a new computer and send me yours :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back