US Postal Service to issue commemorative Steve Jobs stamp next year

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The late Steve Jobs will be honored by the United States Postal Service with a commemorative stamp in 2015. The stamp, selected by the Citizens’ Stamp Advisory Committee (CSAC), will be part of a collectible series printed next year according to a document obtained by The Washington Post.

The Postal Service traditionally keeps stamps like this a secret until just before they are released to help drum up consumer interest.

The CSAC was commissioned in 1957 to help portray the American experience to a world audience through the use of postage stamps and postal stationery. Each year, the committee receives thousands of letters proposing stamp subjects. Each suggestion that meets the criteria is considered, regardless of who makes it or how it is presented.

The committee is tasked with selecting a good balance of subjects appealing to a broad audience. Subjects must be contemporary, timely, relevant, interesting and educational according to a charter for the CSAC.

The Jobs stamp is said to be in the design development stage. Once complete, it must be approved before being distributed nationwide by the USPS. The list is subject to change at any time, we’re told, but considering they are already working on it, odds are that the Jobs stamp will make the final cut.

Other subjects for collectible stamps in 2015 include Johnny Carson, Elvis Presley, Peanuts and distinguished airmen.

Permalink to story.

Agreed Please dont forget Bradley Manning also. Snowden and Manning should be national hero.
Now the question?
what Mr Steve Jobs done for to deserved be in a USPS stamp?
I remember they create technology and monopoly with ATT make billions.He has done nothing for me neither humanity.
I guess USPS look how much cash in your pocket so They can issue a stamp for you? sad sad sad day America

You guys do know that you have to die before you can be considered to be on a stamp don't you?

You guys do know that you have to die before you can be considered to be on a stamp don't you?
At least so it would seem, once upon a time in the US. If NBC's Olympic coverage is accurate, championship athletes have had stamps to honor them, while still alive, and even still competing.

And then there's this,(Sept. 26, 2011), courtesy of Time Magazine : http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/09/26/u-s-stamps-to-feature-a-living-person-for-the-first-time-ever/

Ergo, since Jobs was a prima ballerina in the douche arena for decades, he earns a stamp on multiple fronts! (Am I allowed to say that)?

Last edited:
I wonder, how much does apple need to pay the US Postal Service to issue this iStamp?

Back