USB Devices Are Causing My Computer To Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have recently just built a system off of parts that I had purchased from newegg. The computer runs great however,whenever I plug in USB devices my computer gets BSOD messages such as IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL. If I manage to connect a storage usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive the transfer time is terribly slow. I tried putting drivers onto my computer with a usb drive however, they were corrupted. It was not because of the drive either since the driver file extracted and loaded up perfectly on my laptop. Here is a list of things I have tried and ruled out as the problem. I disabled usb legacy in the BIOS, changed the memory out, updated the bios, updated the motherboard drivers, nForce drivers, I started the computer in diagnostic mode, safe mode, and I removed the usb drivers in device manager and rebooted however, errors still occur. Overheating is not an issue though. I played Call of Duty World at War for an hour without a hitch at max settings. I was using a ps\2 keyboard and a usb mouse. My computer seems to tolerate the usb mouse most of the time without it crashes. My system includes a 650W power supply, Intel q6600, 4 gigs of G Skill 240 pin 800 mhz memory, asus p5n-d motherboard, and a 9800 gtx+. I'm deciding whether I should return the motherboard for a refund or I should try and fix it quick. I'm thinking the motherboard is what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem not to long ago, turned out that my usb ports were just wired wrong. I unhooked them and got out the motherboard owner's manuel and hooked them back up to correct places, then just like that the ports were working fine.

1. check the physical hookups internally of the usb wires
2. check the drivers
3. check your psu with a tester tool
4. check your ram with memtest 86+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back