USB disconnects when any key is pressed on the keyboard : Lenovo 3000 N100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone !

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768FGG model. I'm facing a problem when I press any key on the keyboard any device connected to USB port disconnects and reconnects. This is really frustrating I've been searching for the solution on the internet for quite some time and I came across this board. So please can anyone help me with this problem? It will be a great help if anyone can advise a solution..... Thanks

Kind Regards

Faisal

Yes Faisal,
a bios upgrade will fix this issue. Check for a bios update from Lenovo support

I have downloaded a bios upgrade from the lenovo website but when I try to upgrade it I encounter a blue screen and my system reboots ..... Please help

Kind Regards,

Faisal

Scrolling down to "Installation instructions" in the link I provided, at which step does it not work?

it uses winphlash to flash the bios ... all steps were except the last one .. which says "Flash new Bios" at this step I get a blue screen and my notebook restarts ...

The battery is in? Power is connected?
All externally connected devices (including network and all USBs) are disconnected?
Did you try Safe Mode (press F8 before Windows starts loading) just in case?

Also if you have bought an extra Ram card in the past, you might want to take that out too
It will be interesting to hear if Safe Mode works
By the way what is your current Bios revision (that's in the link too on how to find out)

no i have not added a extra Ram card .... my current bios version is 2.06.... Will try the safe mode and let you know ... in a few minutes...

have tried safe mode but winphlash does not work in safe mode ...... I have searched for the bios version in the CMOS system at bootup it is showing version 2.06

Well you may even have a hardware issue yet, I'm still not sure :confused:
I'll wait for their response. I hope you get other replies here but if not,.. keep us posted

Solution for USB device disconnection

Hello Everyone !

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768FGG model. I'm facing a problem when I press any key on the keyboard any device connected to USB port disconnects and reconnects. This is really frustrating I've been searching for the solution on the internet for quite some time and I came across this board. So please can anyone help me with this problem? It will be a great help if anyone can advise a solution..... Thanks

Kind Regards

Faisal

Faisal, though the bios version 2.06 installed on your lappy is the latest for n100 running windows, the bios version 1.08 in the 3.12 utility will solve the USB disconnection issue. Please do the following;

make sure that every USB device and cable is disconnected from your lappy, except for the charger power cable. make sure your battery is working properly. if possible connect your charger to a UPS as a power failure might have some unpredictable effects on the bios installation process.

1. Download the file 63af03us.exe and extract it contents.

1(a) download the file 63af08us.exe and extract its contents.

2. navigate to C:\DRIVERS\Win\FLASH\63af03us and execute the file WinPhlash.exe and browse for the file DL20102A.WPH in the realtek folder as the new bios file.

3. with the option of flashing new bios selected, flash the bios.

4. After the flashing process is complete, system automatically shuts down and then start it again. ignore the low res and the driver installation prompts and warnings.

5 navigate to the folder C:\DRIVERS\Win\FLASH\63af08us and execute the file WinPhlash.exe and browse for the file DL01108A.WPH in the realtek folder as the new bios file

6. with the option of flashing new bios selected, flash the bios.

7. After the flashing process is complete, system shuts down and then restart it. when the lenovo screen comes, enter the bios by pressing F1. the bios version should be (63ET62WW) Ver. 1.08

plug any USB device and it should be functioning properly regardless of any number of keystrokes

Faisal, though the bios version 2.06 installed on your lappy is the latest for n100 running windows, the bios version 1.08 in the 3.12 utility will solve the USB disconnection issue. Please do the following;

make sure that every USB device and cable is disconnected from your lappy, except for the charger power cable. make sure your battery is working properly. if possible connect your charger to a UPS as a power failure might have some unpredictable effects on the bios installation process.

1. Download the file 63af03us.exe and extract it contents.

1(a) download the file 63af08us.exe and extract its contents.

2. navigate to C:\DRIVERS\Win\FLASH\63af03us and execute the file WinPhlash.exe and browse for the file DL20102A.WPH in the realtek folder as the new bios file.

3. with the option of flashing new bios selected, flash the bios.

4. After the flashing process is complete, system automatically shuts down and then start it again. ignore the low res and the driver installation prompts and warnings.

5 navigate to the folder C:\DRIVERS\Win\FLASH\63af08us and execute the file WinPhlash.exe and browse for the file DL01108A.WPH in the realtek folder as the new bios file

6. with the option of flashing new bios selected, flash the bios.

7. After the flashing process is complete, system shuts down and then restart it. when the lenovo screen comes, enter the bios by pressing F1. the bios version should be (63ET62WW) Ver. 1.08

plug any USB device and it should be functioning properly regardless of any number of keystrokes

I've done what you suggested (till the 4th step) and now I can't start windows anymore. The screen shows only an error: Extended RAM Failed at offset: 1D. BIOS shows only 64mb of RAM but the module is 512mb. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back