USB or Win 7 issue?

Photo601

I have an Ipod Touch. I am able to charge it on my computer running XP Pro. I have a laptop running Windows 7. Both computers have I tunes installed. The Windows 7 laptop will recognize the Ipod, but won't charge it. The USB ports all work correctly. Any ideas??

Photo601
If this is posted in the wrong forum, my apologies in advance.

Plugged in to A/C and running as normal. I tunes won't recognize the I pod on the laptop. I see the I Pod in the computer section, but it won't do anything else.

Hmmm.. just a guess but worth giving this a shot. See if this might help [post=875300]How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers[/post]

As an update, I was looking around in the device setup section. (I am still learning Win 7)
I clicked on the I pod and selected driver update. It first said it couldn't update, but then it did update.
Bottom line, it now sees the ipod and is charging on the laptop...though I am at a loss why. I prefer to know why so as to trouble shoot down the road. It works, I'm happy..

Photo601

No problem. I just don't understand why it wouldn't charge w/o the updated driver. I was speculating it may have had something to do with the I-pod being apple on a Windows system??

Either way, it works.

Salud!

:p

Back