USB ports randomly stopped working on Windows 7

batmankiller

So my USB ports decided to stop working. I'm using Windows 7 and they were working fine this morning until I unplugged my USB devices and packed my computer, then when I came home, the ports stopped working. I have two ports and I've tried placing three different items (two mice and 1 webcam) in all the ports, no avail. Even the light under my mouse isn't lighting up. I restarted twice and when I go to device manager there are no exclamation marks or anything wrong under USB tab.

I even uninstalled all my USb serial controllers and restarted and they got installed back but still nothing. Then I disabled selective suspend and nothing too. =[
Any help guys? thanks!

I've noticed that nobody's replied to your post, so I figured I'd try to say at least a little something. I'm not too sure that it'd be of any help to you, but have you checked any settings in your BIOS that might be responsible for the control of it? It's probably a bit of a long shot but it can't hurt to check it out.

without knowing anything other thatn the info you gave you may need a chipset update. also you were not looking in the corrrect sections of device manage for the mouse.

Back