Used the wrong charger on my Sanyo xacti vpc-wh1

I have a Sanyo Xacti vpc-wh1 and i accidentally used the wrong charger. the device got super hot and then wouldnt turn on. now when i use the correct charger, the camera doesnt still doesnt turn on or do anything. is the battery the problem or does the camera no longer work?
btw i believe the charger i used had a lower voltage than the correct charger

You should have been protected from damage because the sockets of different power are of different sizes so you should not have been able to plug in the incorrect one...
It is not the voltage that is critical but the amperage.

If you used a charger with amperage that was too high, your camera's probably burned out. My dad lit speakers on fire because he didn't listen to me when I told him the amperage was too high on the power supply he bought.

I have a Sanyo Xacti vpc-wh1 and i accidentally used the wrong charger. the device got super hot and then wouldnt turn on. now when i use the correct charger, the camera doesnt still doesnt turn on or do anything. is the battery the problem or does the camera no longer work?
btw i believe the charger i used had a lower voltage than the correct charger

You probably made a fuse blow or blew out some other component. You probably need a new board for it

Back